November 2012 Weddings
Options

When is your dress fitting?

Wondering when is everybody's fitting?

My seamstress gave me an appt for Sept 17.  This morning I was thinking is that too early?  That still leaves 2 months to lose a few inches/pounds or gain.  My dress is a corset back, has to be taken in quite a bit as it is, but I am just wondering with a corset back would there be much of a need for alterations in a 2 month time frame?  (I will try to lose a LITTLE weight, not much at this point, I have lost most of what I want to lose)
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
My BFP Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013

Re: When is your dress fitting?

• Options
    I'm picking mine up September 1st..I have a coreset back and know that even if I lose 5 pounds, it will fit (I also know my body and know I probably won't lose 10 pounds by November).

I think you're fine
  • Options
    I had my first fitting yesterday. I needed quite a bit taken in and a corset back added, and the seamstress said that she always starts 3 months before the wedding so she has enough time to fix anything if I'm not happy with it. You should be fine with the corset back, you can go up to two sizes up or down with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    My dress has already been altered.  I just needed a hem.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I go for my first fitting sept 29th :) can't wait!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was told to call at the beginning of September. My dress has as full back, but tons of bead work, so they need to start early since it'll take a long time to alter. Luckily mine fits almost perfectly right now, it just needs to be taken in in the chest.
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My second fitting is this evening! She scheduled me for one more after this although I'm not quite sure why. I have the corset back so as long as I don't lose or gain more than 10 pounds I'll be fine for November.
  • Options
    mine is tonight! i have a corset back and i wanted to lose some more weight by the time the wedding comes. i havent gained any since i bought it but just wanted to lose more. so basically we can just see how it fits now and she can let me know if i do lose ~10 pounds by the wedding if that will matter. also i will likely need a hem so we can work on that too since i finally decided on shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you have a corset back, then you have a little wiggle room (pun intended) in case you lose or add any weight.  My dress (also a corset back) is scheduled to come in within the next month and the bridal shop told me to have my first fitting about 2 months before the wedding date.  You should be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    David's Bridal made mine for October I think but I'm going to call and re-schedule it for mid-sep becuase I'm really short and I want to have enough time just in case anything goes wrong. I'm not planning on losing much weight at all and the only place it needs to be taken in is at the hips because I have none lol.

I feel kind of late though now considering some of you ladies are already having your 1st and 2nd fittings lol.
  • Options

For those of you who have corest back dresses are you planning on wearing a bra?  I'm trying to decide if I should buy one to bring to my fitting (one of those longer bridal ones) or just not worry about it.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_when-is-your-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:530be0ee-1d8d-4391-8595-74cb1ec5b8d6Post:938d8176-4613-4f90-bafc-855ea1b191d0">Re: When is your dress fitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who have corest back dresses are you planning on wearing a bra?  I'm trying to decide if I should buy one to bring to my fitting (one of those longer bridal ones) or just not worry about it.
    Posted by brandonmelissa12[/QUOTE]

<div>I am wearing a bra.  </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first fitting is Sept 4th & I'm having it changed from a zipper back to a corset back so in case I lose/gain weight in the last two weeks there is some room to adjust the dress without an emergency trip to the seamstress.
  • Options
    my first fitting is September 5th!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_when-is-your-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:530be0ee-1d8d-4391-8595-74cb1ec5b8d6Post:938d8176-4613-4f90-bafc-855ea1b191d0">Re: When is your dress fitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who have corest back dresses are you planning on wearing a bra?  I'm trying to decide if I should buy one to bring to my fitting (one of those longer bridal ones) or just not worry about it.

They are sewing cups into my dress, so no bra for me!
  • Options
    Mine is coming up this Saturday...I can't wait
  • Options

<div>I have a zipper back, but it still has boning like a corset, so I'm having one sewn in along with those chicken cutlet things. I don't want to have to worry about it sliding down at all. </div>
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is tentatively set for October 8...depending on if the gown hits the states on time. I did give the tailor a heads up about the timeline, situation, and when it's needed, so she assures me she can work around any delays. Per the question of undergarments, if you think you might possibly want to wear any, bring them, the talk to the tailor about what they think and the options they can provide. Better safe than sorry :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

How am I doing in my attempt to plan this thing in three months? I'm sharing all the good and bad with you, *somewhat unfiltered.*
  • Options
    My dress has not come in yet...supposed to be here by the end of this month. I'm a little nervous about it but ~ can't really do anything but call, which I've done already, and wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think she said end of October, beginning of November.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My first fitting is September 10th...wedding November 3rd. I was warned about David's  Bridal waiting until the last minute...so I told them I needed my gown a week and a half before the wedding. That way....there is time to do something if anything is needed at the final fitting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I need to call this week!! I was freaking a little that it was too late but you all have set my mind at ease letting me know usually 2 months is ok :)

Mine is corset back too, but it needs to be taken in quite a bit on top, and I need my straps sewn on (I got strapless, but wanted straps so I ordered them seperately through the shop).
  • Options
    I was originally told 6, 4,and 2 weeks out for my alterations and fittings. Since the shop is over 2 hrs away, I wanted to get my dress earlier than 2 weeks before my wedding. My consultant recommended 10 weeks for the initial, and then 8 and 6 for my fittings. I am scheduling my alterations for Sept 4.
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    September 11 for my November 17 wedding.
  • Options

My wedding dress is on the way, i bought it online, i tell the customer the right size, i hope them fit me good, look at my wedding dress:http://www.woweddingdress.com/en/perfect-sweetheart-ruffled-tiered-wedding-dresses.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards