Catholic Weddings
Options

Just-for-fun Video: Stuff Catholic Girls Say

Hahaha!  I'm pretty sure most of these phrases were uttered by my friends or me during our college glory days at the Newman Center.

To which do you most relate???
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)

Re: Just-for-fun Video: Stuff Catholic Girls Say

• Options
    LOL -- that's pretty funny.

Like you, I can relate to a lot of them, and I can imagine myself or people I know saying most of them. I think I relate most to the girl questioning whether her skirt is too short.  If my husband had a dollar for every time I've asked about a skirt...he'd be buying a heck fo a breakfast right now. We also have been known to discuss the lives of Catholic (or "Catholic") celebrities/athletes (not unlike the Justin Bieber girl).

"I love nuns" reminds me of my husband and myself. "You won't believe who I saw at the grocery store!" "Who?" "A Dominican sister!" "Did you say hi?" "No, I didn't want to look like a freakish stalker."

Lastly, I'm 100% sure every college-aged Catholic girl has said, at some point, if I'm not engaged by _______, I'm going to become a nun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cute. There were a couple good quotes in there! I agree with Biblio that pretty much everyone has said "If I'm not engaged in (____) years, I'm going to become a nun."

There was a similar "Stuff Catholic Girls Say" (clicky) video that came up after that one that I could relate to as well. WIth such gems as "Hey, I found my (insert any object here). Thanks, St. Anthony!" (I pretty much have a direct line to St. Anthony at this point in my life) or  "But it's a Friday during Lent!" / "I can't, I gave it up for Lent." and "What are you watching? EWTN."

Thanks for sharing, Nickie!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Funny, it's not much off from "Growing Up Catholic", a similar book printed in the mid to late eighties
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards