October 2012 Weddings
Options

Monday Morning Quarterback

Good morning ladies!!  What did you ladies get done this weekend, what should you have gotten done but didn't and what's the plan for this week?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Monday Morning Quarterback

• Options
    We finally got the invites together. I have to take them to the post office when I get home. Unfortunately, I also had to do the programs over and send emails out to our vendors because one of my bridesmaids had to drop out. I am really saddened by this but she is still coming as a guest, so I am thrilled about that. This week I need to finish the centerpieces, and then I am done!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This weekend I started tying bows on our little bubbles and had my second shower on Sunday! The shower was just a small group but it was a lot of fun! FI and I were planning to pick up our rings on Saturday but didn't get around to that, I think we'll get them tonight. Our tux measurements are due today so we also are going to deliver the final measurements to the shop. We're still missing one GM measurements but he lives close by and he's the most responsible one so hopefully he'll have those to us by the end of the week. This week I'm writing thank yous for my shower and also hoping to finish creating the BM gifts! We also need to set up a meeting with our pastor. It's going to be a busy week! Only 2 months to go and it's finally hitting me that I'm getting married and not just planning a wedding!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What I got done: Bought my last roll of wire for my personalized hangers. I just have one of my bridesmaids and my own left to make.  Got ALL of my addresses typed. Annddd.... that's it. (So sue me, I went to the lake! Wink )

What I should have gotten done: Should have bought the last of my mason jars. Should have finished cleaning sticky off my wine bottles. Should have made three more table runners.

The plan for the week: Everything I listed above, finishing up my hangers, and starting my second round of gluing lace to the mason jars. PLUS, I kinda want to start the Couch to 5K challenge!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I had my hair and makeup trial on Saturday, which was met with mixed reviews by my family.  Meh, long story!   On Friday night FI finally purchased his suit for the wedding, yay!  I was having nightmares about him getting married in his boxers.  I also ordered personalized beverage napkins and groomsmen gifts, TK was having a great sale!  :)

I have started to reconnect with vendors to set up appointments for the end of the month.  Other than that, I just have the ceremony programs and some thank you notes left to do. Smile
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This was a big weekend for wedding stuff! We met with our venue on Thursday to finalize our menu and other stuff, Saturday I had my makeup trial, FI paid off the honeymoon AND bought all his GM gifts, we finished our registry last night, and as of this morning all our invitations are in the mail! This week I want to schedule my dress fitting, update the wedding website, get the contract for our photobooth sent in, and get our marriage license. There will be no checks next week because FI and I are going on vacation with my family, so I'm hustling to get things done!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    I got my invites out!! That was a huge check for me.  All the guys (except for one) got fitted for their tuxes, and I started putting together a list of photos for our photographer.  This week, I'd like to make some more edits to the ceremony (I'm writing it), finish our table numbers, and work on my card box.  I'm really close to finishing the BM gifts, so if I could do that too, that would be great.  I have my first fitting wednesday and my first shower this weekend!  I agree, it's starting to feel like I'm getting MARRIED and not just planning a wedding.
  • Options
    This was a great weekend for wedding checks! I was finally able to approve my invite proof (later than I had hoped but woohoo!) and they are going to print as we speak. Saturday we had a tuxedo fitting party and all but one of my groomsmen and the kids in the party got fitted. They all looked quite handsome. It was really exciting. FI selected and ordered his groomsmen gifts as well. Also, one of FI's closest friends who lives across the country called on Sunday and said even though the invites aren't out yet, he is definitely planning to come to the wedding. (We were unsure because he and his wife just had twins. He's coming alone but he's coming so we are really excited!)
    Yay for productivity!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Options
    I had my first shower and it was so much fun. I wrote all my thank you cards yesterday and am mailing them today. My MOH was in town and we got her shoes for the wedding. I also got my shoes for the wedding and finished addressing the invitations. I have put off sealing them. I need a sponge.

This week I need to order personalized beach towels for my flower girls as part of their gift. We also have to look over our vows from the officiant and make any changes we want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WE made phone calls to family who hadn't RSVP'd as we had an August 6th deadline... then sent out our second batch of invites for remaining places we have left...

Have a dress fitting and makeup trial coming up this weekend. (11th) and having my hair cut a bit (split ends) and dyed...

working on programs, table cards and cermony words now.
  • Options
    The only thing I really got done this weekend was my bridal shower, and then writing thank you notes RIGHT away after the shower. I have this week off of work, so I've got a whole WR to-do list I plan to get done!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Paid a huge chuck of change to the venue, mailed out invitations, and finally found a shower dress! Very happy with myself this Monday morning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Options

Saturday was my shower.  It was PERFECT!

I'm putting my invitations together, and doing the addresses this weekend.  REALLY hoping to get them out next Monday.

I've also got thank you cards to write... and my MOH is helping me with Programs and table numbers...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I got absolutely nothing done this weekend. FI and I ended up packing the weekend with all kinds of things to do with my daughter before she went off to her dad's. It was a blast, and i didn't miss wedding planning at all.

But, this week I need to start working on everything paper-related. I also need to finish crocheting a ring-bearer pillow, hot-glue the fringe on my lampshades for centerpieces, head down to my venue to borrow a vase to tinker with also for centerpieces, finish making/sewing table squares, get ribbon on all the candy jars, and start working on addresses for the invitations.

I need to borrow some motivation from someone ;)
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I had my first dress fitting this weekend!! I'm so excited because I've lost the weight I needed to so the dress fits fantastically, only paying $50 for a bustle, nothing needs to be let out or taken in (I love my corset back!) and it's already the perfect length (Pure luck there!!) otherwise I did nothing wedding related. I rowed for the Dragonboat Festival that happens yearly around here and that took up a lot of my Sunday.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first shower this weekend and it was wonderful. I just finished the thank you cards and got them in the mail. This week I am finishing and mailing the invitations, scheduling my first fitting, and checking with the hotel. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All of the invites are finished and are ready to be mailed tomorrow (We have a post office in the Med Center where I'm a grad student, so I'll mail them there.  I wanted to mail them today, but I have to park far away from the entrance and there was no way I was going to risk carrying a big box of invites on my walk in...FI will drive me tomorrow so that I can go mail them!)

I also worked on the wedding programs...we haven't written the inside information yet, but the way they're designed, the outsides can get done ahead of time and then the inside sheets just loop over the ribbon.  This is what they look like blank...the top vellum sheet says "The Marriage Ceremony of Nic and FI, Date, Location".  The inside sheets will have the typical program information.

Busy weekend coming up:
    Dress fitting #2
    Meeting with videographer
    BRIDAL SHOWER ON SAT!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What we got done-(1) made another payment to the florist and also made an appt with the floriest to see our centerpieces on 9/8 (2) returned duplicate gifts from our shower (3) bought: the ribbon for our cake, iron on letters for our RB's shirt i need to make, letters for the bottoms of my shoes, & pens for the guest book (4) made an appt for my mom to get her dress fitted (it came in) and confirmed BM dress arrival times (5) FI and I both got photos from our moms for our photo montage at the reception & for our video
    (6) contacted the DJ to see when we need to meet to go over music, etc and i printed out the forms to fill out for 1st dance, etc

this week: FI needs to call the jeweler bc i want to get my ring re-dipped & drop off a check to the church after i go to the bank....possibly start tying ribbons onto my bubbles and buy labels for them

what i should have done?- i wanted to order labels for our favors (bottles of homemade wine) but i am babysitting my 2.5 year old nephew and when i got to my sister's house who was supposed to help me she was busy packing for her trip, FI really wants to use our monogram and my sister needs to figure out how to upload it to vistaprint so its not all blurry
  • Options
    I picked out the music I want, made a few drafts of the program and went for my dress alteration!
  • Options
    I didn't do much this weekend.  I did get my logos done so I can finish the invites.  I also found out the my brother will be coming to the wedding.  Yay!  He is going to be my Man of Honor. 

What should I have gotten done...my invites.

What do I need to do this week...my invites.  I also need to book my hair/MUA.  I started that search a while ago and never actually booked anyone but I think that I know who I am going to use.  I also need to get working on booking hotels and a rental car for FL.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards