Ohio-Toledo

Looking for a nice hotel in Toledo...

My fiance and I are getting married in Toledo, this coming August, and our reception isn't scheduled to get over until about 11pm. Instead of driving all the way back to our apartment, which is a good hour and a half away, we would like to find a nice hotel to stay in, in Toledo. I'm a pretty picky when it comes to the cleanliness of a hotel, that is just something I'm not willing to sacrifice for price. Does anyone know of a really great hotel in the area, that is still a reasonable price?

Re: Looking for a nice hotel in Toledo...

• edited December 2011
    Are you willing to go outside of Toledo? For a good price, you'd be best to go into Oregon or Perrysburg.
  • edited December 2011
    What area is the reception in?

The Crowne Plaza downtown on Summit is very nice.  They may even do a wedding night package for you.  Or the Hilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Where is your wedding/reception at?

We're using the Crown Plaza downtown as our hotel for our guests for the weekend and ourselves for the wedding night. The "suite" that they have for the bride & groom is very nice. They showed it to us a while ago and we really like it.

The hotel also has a bar and small restaurant in it which is very convenient.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where  your reception is... but I just setup a block of rooms at the Fairfield Inn on Benore. (Alexis Rd by the Meijers).  Seems pretty nice, it's a marriot hotel, and  it's a newer hotel too.  Has an indoor pool, flat screen tvs.  It was $99/night for regular rate, I got the group rate for $78.  It's also close to I-75 entrance in case you have to hop on the highway to get back home.

(I picked this hotel because it is close to my ceremony site and the side of town my parents live on)

EDIT: And we got a Jacuzzi suite for me and FI on our wedding night for 129.00/night.  They said if all of our rooms get booked from our block of rooms, they will discount the price even further on the suite.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a place for just the two of you (not a block for your guests), I would suggest the Belamere Suites.  My husband and I stayed there on our wedding night and it was VERY nice.  I am a major germaphobe and hotels are always icky to me.  This was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed.  We stayed in one of the standard rooms and this was plenty nice!

http://www.belameresuites.com/

There's the website if you're interested.

Also, it is in Perrysburg, but it is literally just feet away from the expressway and wouldn't be a bad drive from anywhere in the city.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh - I also just remembered... there's also a Bed & Breakfast on Collingwood heading towards Monroe street I think.. but I can't remember what the name is.. maybe like the Manor house.. ? I could be way wrong, though....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The bed and breakfast is Mansion View.

I agree with the Belamere Suites, but it is more pricey than a regular hotel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!! Our reception is right in downtown Toledo on Summit, so any of these would be great options!
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_looking-nice-hotel-toledo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:3fbf6ad9-70bc-41dc-bfd4-02900e8c84e7Post:eb951af8-9da9-4f8c-b5ce-540bc1a3ec7a">Re: Looking for a nice hotel in Toledo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh - I also just remembered... there's also a Bed & Breakfast on Collingwood heading towards Monroe street I think.. but I can't remember what the name is.. maybe like the Manor house.. ? I could be way wrong, though....
    Posted by AllysOop[/QUOTE]

Mansion View Inn is where my brother had his wedding ceremony at.  They stayed there the night of and the night before.  Was BEAUTIFUL.   The bridal sweet was just gorgeous.  My brother had a very nice room too to get ready in.

BTW, the Manor House is the house you take tours of at Wildwood. :)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_looking-nice-hotel-toledo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:3fbf6ad9-70bc-41dc-bfd4-02900e8c84e7Post:c63f03e5-27e8-4499-89eb-72b845aebccc">Re: Looking for a nice hotel in Toledo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys!! Our reception is right in downtown Toledo on Summit, so any of these would be great options!
    Posted by BridgeandHilary[/QUOTE]

Were are you having your reception?
  • edited December 2011

Ooops.. yeah I wasn't close at all.. haha... I got the M in Mansion View right.. thats about all.. {dont know why I was thinking Manor House if thats in Wildwood... }
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards