Oklahoma
Options

DJ SUGGESTIONS??

I'm looking for a DJ for our Jan 2011 wedding.  I've found a few in Norman/OKC but have no idea if they're any good!  help!

Re: DJ SUGGESTIONS??

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have witnessed Jeremy from M & M production in action at my friends wedding and he did a great job.. he wasnt the dorky DJ and he had everybody on the dance floor all night.. 
    I also hired him for my wedding in March.
    So my suggestion is M & M Productions

Good Luck!

• Options
    hposeyhposey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Suggestion is either Mixxxit Productions- Phillip or Chris Hale. Both are friends of mine, and both great DJ's. Phillip did my sister's wedding and Chris is doing my wedding. You can look up Mixxxit Productions, but since I cannot for the life of me remember what Chris' company is called his number is 405-706-8742
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been working with two (long story).   DJPRO Oklahoma has been GREAT to work with...very professional an timely with communication.  Obviously, I haven't had my wedding yet. 
    My sister HIGHLY recommends Chameleon...he DJs a lot of events at her YMCA, and she says he's fantastic (and especially great with kids, if that matters)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been emailing with Chameleon and he seems really nice, and super flexible!   I'm scared to commit to one though, afraid that it won't turn out fabulous! haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Luke from Absolute DJ.  He works with your budget really well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just talked to someone from DJ Connection & they seem awesome!  Has anyone used them?
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a lot of vendors recommend Chameleon and when I called they were booked on the day of my wedding, more than a year in advance!  That made me think they really were as great as everyone was telling me they were.  I don't know if that means anything to you or not.

I'm using A+ Entertainment.  My wedding is not for another 12 days, so I'll let you know in my vendor reviews how they do.

I heard some mixed reviews about DJ Connections.  Personally, they annoyed me and were too in my face about everything.  I regretted giving them my phone number b/c they called me almost every day for 2 solid weeks until I told them that their annoying phone calls gave me a definite no for them.  Some of my vendors have told me that they go a little too far and can offend guests with their jokes, and that they treat events more like frat parties.  Now my vendors know that's not the kind of wedding I want, so maybe that was the reason for the negative feedback, but if that is what your going for, then I would think they would work.

Hope this helps!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do NOT use Rick Ayers from KOMA. He does the classic bait and switch. He was supposed to be at our wedding reception. Instead we had a different DJ that we never met and had no clue what songs were requested for first dance, cake cutting, etc
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH NO!  I'm sad I didn't read this before I chose who I wanted....because I booked DJ Connection.  They were just so attentive, which I like...but no i definitely DO NOT want it like a frat party!  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What day is your wedding, mine is 01/11/11. We are using Brian from Chameleon. He is great we have been to several events he has DJed and everyone always has a good time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards