Maryland-Baltimore

Silver Swan Bayside Brides...

FYI...

Are you aware that the primary coordinator, Taylor, is no longer with SSB?  I received an email from Ameiia before NY Eve, letting me know that she will be taking over for Taylor.

I'm sure they've contacted everyone that was working with Taylor, and/or has a wedding scheduled for this year, but if not, make a point of getting a planning status, to make sure your stuff doesn't fall through the cracks.  I'll be meeting with Amelia in the next week.
Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Silver Swan Bayside Brides...

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up.  I hadn't heard anything.  I also hadn't heard about the cocktail tasting event they had a few months back either.  I've heard some past reviews about them not following through on some things, but hopefully that is over.  I'll contact them this week to make sure everything is straight.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• ANeverANever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you also know that Ameilia is the only one left at the SSB?  Not only is Taylor no  longer there, but more importantly -- the chef is gone.  You'd better find out if they will allow you to have another tasting...I'm not even sure if they have hired a new chef yet???
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the SSB on June 11th, 2011. I fell in the love the with place when we booked in Feb. 2010, and have a had a great experience (thanks to Amelia) so far. I have to say, all of these changes are making me uneasy though. It's getting too close to my big day to not know what's going on, ah!

What are you wedding dates - Silver Swan brides?
    Cindy & Jeff June 11, 2011
  • hj0517hj0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, they got a new chef. His name is Scott Rutter and was on Topchef as a judge before. I already had my tasting with him and he's awesome! His food was amazing. He's very nice and most importantly, he will listen to you and he's very open about what you really want. I've been having trouble communicating with Amilia, but chef Rutter stepped right in and took care of everything!
  • laurend1980laurend1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is at SS this Saturday May 7th! I too have dealt with Taylor, then Amelia and now Joann. We met with Joann this past weekend to make sure she was on the same page and she was wonderful. Very detailed oriented and organized. We also did a second tasting with the new chef and it was delish! They are on top of things! I have no worries
  • tinabud11tinabud11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on 10/7/11 at Silver Swan and have had a very difficult time with them since I put my deposit down in January of this year.  Amelia was horrible and Scott is no longer with them.  Joanne, so far, has been the most responsive so far.  I am hoping this is the last turnover before my wedding.  If anyone has had their even already, could you respond with your feedback?  or chime in with anything else?  Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards