Florida-North Florida

Invitation HELP!!! Long...

I am trying to finalize my invitations. We are doing a plated dinner and putting the entree choices on the response cards. My venue requests that on your place cards for each individual you have a way to identify their entree choice. My issue is that I don't think a lot of people will know to right their name by their choice.

If a couple wants the same entree then thats fine but if they want one of each and they just check 1 beef and 1 chicken then I will have to call them to know which one wants what.

I just went to a wedding their and it was plated and the staff still asked us when they brought the food who had what. I feel like if they know that table 2 has 5 beef and 2 chicken that should be fine.

My question is if you got an invitation and the response card had two entrees and you and your husband wanted different things would you right your name next to your choice or just put 1 beef and 1 chicken?? AND is my venue crazy for making me do this?

Thanks in advance :)
And Happy Friday.

Re: Invitation HELP!!! Long...

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, that's pretty common. 

Have you already designed your RSVP cards?  If not, you could make lines and write each person's name on there and then have check marks for their entree choices.
  • edited December 2011
    I've actually never heard of this.  I even asked my mom who worked as a waitress for a catering hall for many years.. she never heard of this either.

I have to give my venue an approximate count of what people want... but I dont have to list it on the table cards because the servers are going to ask anyway.  How annoying is that going to be to have the server trying to Read the cards to see who has what.

Not to mention... I may want chicken Now.. but when the wedding comes, I might want to change my mind.
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have just written 1 Beef, 1 Chicken.  I would think that when they got to the table they would ask me or DH which was which.  Worse case they would put it down and DH and I would switch.  It happens in restaurants and it's not a big deal.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CaelasmomCaelasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of the names or initials on the RSVP card if you can manage it.  It sounds are is your venue wants an exact account as close as they can get.  You would be surprised how many people don't remember what they ordered the day of the wedding.
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Navy's suggestion. That would make it easy...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_invitation-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:06e107a7-5962-4a47-8027-8c6646489a1aPost:485bcc41-0be0-4dea-89ca-fb6dda2ed773">Re: Invitation HELP!!! Long...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have just written 1 Beef, 1 Chicken.  I would think that when they got to the table they would ask me or DH which was which.  Worse case they would put it down and DH and I would switch.  It happens in restaurants and it's not a big deal.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

Yep we did this. I think it is common, unless you order the same entree for everyone like surf and turf. I agree with others if you are able to change the response cards  i would do that to make it easier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on here since my March wedding but I just wanted to add our experience. We had to do the same thing for our wedding and on the RSVP I printed "Please initial the entree choice of each guest." Out of 130 guests I maybe had to confirm with 4. It worked well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards