North Carolina

CHARLOTTE BRIDES!!! SOUND OFF!!!

Where are all of my charlotte brides??? post your thoughts or recommendations on wedding planners, venues,photography, bakery's ,caterers, etc. Also feel free to post where you chose/choosing to celebrate your BIG day!

Re: CHARLOTTE BRIDES!!! SOUND OFF!!!

• Just got engaged but we are looking at several options in Charlotte and in the lowcountry of SC.  I went to the Ritz today and really liked it!
  • I am getting married in the Salisbury area, but I also work for a local wedding venue.  If you would like caterer/bakery/DJ/venue/photographer suggestions in the Salisbury area, please feel free to PM me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • DH and I got married this past March in Mooresville... you can read my vendor reviews here... clicky

• We are getting married in CLT in November! Hooray.

Our Ceremony is at St. Patricks but the reception will be at The Big Chill who do all their catering in house (which was big for my family). Two vendors that we have squared away that I am so excited towork with are Tonya at Poprock Photography and Cake Lady Jill.

Still looking for hair and makeup so hoepfully I will find some recs from you other CLT brides!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another Charlotte bride here!  After getting engaged in February, we've been from the courthouse to Vegas to Mexico back to local wedding.  We are on a tight budget of about 6k and are going to finalize the venue by the 1st week of August.  I'm 99% sure that we are going with Francis Beatty Park but we are going to go look at it again also the other park in Pineville.  Looking forward to this journey and learning great tips from other brides!!  Also if anyone can suggest a good affordable caterer please do.  I am looking into 2 that are in our budget but open to checking out a couple others as well.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lamirelamire member
    First Comment
    Venue Center stage noda. Best Impressions Catering, East Coast entertainment providing the Band The Boomers

• My FH and I are getting married at my former church because the church we go to now doesn't have a sanctuary.  We are having our reception there and are leaning toward Family Catering in Huntersville for the food -- they come highly recommended in that area.
  • Charlotte Bride here... I lived in CLT for 5 years, we got engaged last July, started planning our wedding... then FI was offered a job in Ohio.. so semi-destination wedding back to Charlotte for us. Our wedding is (ahhhhhh) next month... Here are some recommendations, keep in mind we are hosting a very RUSTIC themed wedding (he comes from a family of farmers, and shoot we thought we were starting a trend, not rolling with the in crowd when we started on this venture...grr haha) Ok here goes:

Venue: The Dairy Barn (in Fort Mill); others we were interested in The Peacock Inn (Newton), The Orchid House

Catering: Leroy Springs (contracted by venue... not many options there)

Rentals: Creative Solutions (same as above)

Photographer: Fletcher & Fletcher Photography; Others we liked: Fort Mill Photography, Bella Loren, & Lime Green Photography

Make Up: Who's the Fairest

Video: Alley House Films

Day of Planner: The Silk Rose (we didn't end up with a planner but if we did it would have been her)

Transportation: Ragin Uptown

Flowers: Buy the Bunch

Cake: Wow Factor Cakes

Hope that helps!!

196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    Getting married September 30th at the Renaissance in SouthPark...they have an awesome courtyard with a gorgeous tree that we will be married under (weather best cooperate!)

Photographer:  Just a Dream Photography out of Concord  This is a husband-wife team and I love their photography and they had great pricing and still gave me a discount for a Sunday wedding.

Cupcakes:  Polka dot Bake Shop  Awesome Cupcakes!!!  Soooo many flavors too!

Favors:  Cake pops by Clever Cake Pops  These will also serve as our place card holders :)  Killing 2 birds with one stone!

Florist:  Melanie Edwards from New Creations Flowers  I love her florals and her pricing is fantastic!

DJ:  A Brides DJ  (out of Asheville)  No travel fee and got a discount since my wedding is on a Sunday!  :)

Make-up:  Adrian D. Howe  My trial is Monday so I'll let you all know my thoughts

Dress (including Bridesmaids):  Mecklenburg Bridal  I thought they had a great selection and I found my dream dress Smile

Hope this helps those still searching for vendors.  It has been stressful but now that its done I'm very happy with my choices.

UPDATE:  Loved how my make-up came out and also went with her recommended hair stylist Larry Webb.   
  • edited July 2012

While I think this is an odd question for a first post from a new member, I'll bite because I enjoyed reading everyone else's responses.  Our wedding is in November and here is who we have booked:

Venue:  Vintage Motor Club in Concord, NC
    Photographer:  Elle Imaging
    Videography:  Alley House Films (I saw him in action at a friend's wedding, he's great!)
    Cake:  We know a cake lady with great prices.  PM me for info if you want to contact her.
    Caterer:  Dough Girls Catering
    Transportation:  University Shuttles
    Hotel Block:  Hilton Garden Inn in Concord, NC
    DJ:  All the Right Grooves
    Hair/Make-Up on location:  Ann from Circa North in Fort Mill, SC
    Florist:  Harris Teeter (because I refuse to spend a ton of money on what will be thrown away at the end of the night...)
    Dress:  Poffie Girls in Gastonia, NC

• Hello Brides! :) Congrats to you! Such an exciting time!

I'm Heather with Revival Photography. If you're looking for a photographer, please consider us! :)

Visit our website to view our work, and shoot us an email or give us a call! We'd love to get to know you!

xoxo
    Heather
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards