Texas-Houston
Options

Venue Help

I just got engaged last weekend, and this wedding planning is getting overwhelming.  My fiance and I have a limited budget and want to find a venue where we can cator our own food and drink for around 2000.  The important factor is for the venue not to look cheap.  We would prefer something unique, outdoors/indoors.  We live in the galleria area, however, my soon to be inlaws live in kingwood, so we are not afraid of a little commute.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few recent posts about this same topic. Hopefully they will be helpful too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what type of venue are you looking for, ballroom? outside reception? something unique?

I really love the Heights Fire Station. it is not too much to rent and its  abasically build your own type thing. I don't think you really need to decorate much because it looks nice on its own and outside vendors are welcome(obvisouly)  I have a few other recs but just depends on exactly what you want. :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Options
    morganawmorganaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I would prefer something that can be indoors and outdoors.  We were really attracted to this vineyard near galveston, but the only problem is that our parents both insist that we have our own catered food.  His family is nigerian and my lebanese, so we have to have cultural foods. :)

So, I was thinking about a garden setting for about 150 people.  The biggest thing is not to look tacky.  We have seen some ballrooms that the inside looks nice, but they are in horrible areas. 

I hope this answers some questions and if you can help

• Options
    Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

First off don't start getting over-whelmed yet, you just beginning your planning. This is the fun part, so enjoy it and take your time no sense in rushing because you have a while to go.

But it really depends on your budget. And how you are willing to spend on just the venue or if you want a all inclusive venue. You could easily google wedding venues that's were I found mine. But I don't recommend them because the people there are horrible. But you can bring your own food. Its called The Grand Palace in Spring, Texas.

Good luck on all your planning, have fun girly! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg! i recommend AvantGarden. 

It's where I have booked.

it's a huge old house in the middle of montrose with a huge back patio and you get the run of the entire house.

it's 500 to rent from 11am to 2am.  but you have to have a 2000 min bar tab as well.

it's gorgeous.

PM me if you want more information
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards