March 2013 Weddings
Options

SAY, WHAT??

I was totally set on 3/23/13.. Called our Catholic Church and found out that they do not marry duing the Lenten season :( Soo, debating to push the date back to April Undecided or choose another church Frown. Both mine and my fiance's parents were married in this church, too. Damnit! Anyone, else face this problem? I've personally never even heard of it.

Re: SAY, WHAT??

• Options
    I'm not Catholic so I'm not totally sure, but I think I've heard of this. That sucks though to think you have it all set and then find out it doesn't work :-( Hope you figure something out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I'm Catholic and haven't heard of that either...It may just be your church.
  • Options
    I ran into the same problem but I am getting married on 3.30.13 which is Holy Saturday.  We ended up deciding to just do everything at our venue with a Revd.  We loved our date and the idea of being married Easter weekend since my fiance's family lives in multiple states it is a great time for everyone to get together for the holidays.  I Would you be willing not to get married in the church?!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you ran into that :( Since it has sentimental value to both of you, I would totally change the date if I were you [unless the date is more important then the venue..] If you choose a new venue do it fast!  That's a super popular date from what I've been seeing!!  I hope you get it all figured out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I tried 3.30.13 they said no, my second choice 3.23.13, they said no again..same reasons. We ended up picking 3.9.13 was finally given a yes! I was devastated about not being able to do it those dates, but i like our date now. It was more important to us to do it in a church than to have those dates, that i only liked bc of the numbers..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards