Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Check: Shower Dress/Help me Shop :)

I found a dress to wear for my shower (in July).  I found it at Target, of all places! Smile

I didn't take a picture of me in it, but I think I look much better in it then this model Tongue out

How do I accessorize and what shoes? I was thinking a white wedge or a multi- color pump.  And bright earrings and bracelet.

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Check: Shower Dress/Help me Shop :)

• Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no good at accessorizing, but I love that dress! Was it expensive? I need one for a wedding NEXT June in Nashville, so it will be hot. I am hoping to start looking/find something now and just set it aside (my weight hasn't changed in 5.5 years)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    very cute! and i would say white shoes for sure, unless you find awesome multi-color ones that match the blue perfectly. you could even do a nude sandal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Reannalynne- The dress was $40, which didn't seem too bad, and you can definitely wear it again.  I'm sure you could wait for it to go on sale, sizes can be scarce at that point I've found.  GL!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cute!! What about a nude peep toe or strappy sandal?? My nude peep toes are my 'go to' shoe when I'm stuck on color matching etc. Or even a gold-tone shoe... white would be cute as well but I say go for the nude! :) Maybe along the lines of what I have below??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I think white, nude, and silver would all look good. I think silver would look better than gold. These are really cute Jessica Simpson shoes:

You could accessorize with silver jewelry, or some bright pieces. I think big earrings and a bracelet would look really nice.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and FYI - my best friend just got an ADORABLE pair of nude BCBG heels (can't remember if they were peep toe...) from Marshalls... I'm actually going this weekend to see if I can snag a pair too!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would definitely go with the nude heels or sandals as they tend to elongate the leg and for jewelry what about turquoise earrings and bracelet. They are really popular this year.

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the nude heels! Very cute dress! I would get fun earrings and a bracelet.. I don't think you need a necklace with that neckline!

I was in Nine West this morning (I conveniently had a meeting in the South Side Works) and they had a lot of fun shoes on sale!

Great buy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Agree I really like a nude shoe, however I think gold could be very pretty with that dress (with gold jewelry as well).

GMC-I really like that first shoe you posted!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamie - that's my FAVORITE! I found it on Zappos but it's Stuart Weitzman... AMAZING! I've wanted those shoes now for over a year but they've been sold out! They are back but pretty expensive... maybe I'll splurge and get them ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooo fyi, I was just at Target and saw this dress! So, in some Targets it is still available. :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    GMC---sigh I love Stuart Weitzman shoes..I found a pair of bridal shoes of his I loved but alas, they were nearly $600 : (
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a pretty color Meg :)

I'm personally kind of "eh" about white shoes.  I love the silver and nude suggestions and pictures!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do silver strappy sandals with the turquoise.  Cobalt blue would make the turquoise pop (I love that color combo).  

~Danielle~ 25 June 2011 June 2011 Siggy Challenge: E-Ring Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards