July 2013 Weddings
Options

STD Address

I'm in the process of typing addresses for STD, I was wondering how I should address STDs that are going to more then one person in the same house. For example my cousin and her husband and 2 kids. OR my uncle who has his 2 sons and one of thier girlfriends all living in the same house. I don't feel the need to send more then one STD to the same house. Please help! Thank you

Re: STD Address

• Options
    on the envelope address it to all invited
  • Options
    ex: mr and mrs ______ and family

first name last name, first name last name and family
  • Options
    I just did the Jones Family. Though anyone over 18 gets their own, or so i was told, so for example I did mr and mrs jones for my aunt and uncle and then mr bill jones for my older cousin. We are doing adult only reception but ill worry about that later one for invites
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What PP said above. Address to couples, then adult singles. 18 or older get an STD/Invite if in the same house. My only exception as for my 19 yo stepbrother -- nope, not getting one, the whole house will. But my FSIL lives with my FMIL, so that's 2 STDs/invites, addressed separately.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Agree that everyone 18+ should get their own invite, regardless of where they live.  When I was in college and got invited to family friends' weddings on the same invites as my parents, I didn't care as much b/c I didn't know them as well and I didn't really feel like a grown-up yet since I wasn't making my own money and still very dependent on my parents (and my parents usually bought the gift and I just signed the card lol).  However, after college, I lived with my parents for a couple years and would have been kind of offended if I was invited on the same invite as them since I was an adult, making my own money, and able to buy my own gift to give.

It's probably not as important on the STDs, but be careful of "and family" wording when addressing.  It can be vague and loosely interpreted to mean everyone and their brother.  Be specific on who's invited.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards