Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Confused!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I'm a little confused... Does everyone have a different song for:

1. seating of parents/grandparents
2. groom and minister processional
3. WP processional
4. bride processional

OR is it just 1,2, and 3 all together and 4 by itself?
Please tell me how each of you are doing your music. I don't know how many songs I need to have.

Re: Confused!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those would be very short songs if you did one for all 4! I will only have a different song for bridal procession, and everything else is be the same song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    krystinduncankrystinduncan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gotcha! That is what I'm leaning towards I'm pretty sure!
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Krystin, I'm a church organist.  Here's what I generally do.

I play preludes of my choice while the guests are arriving.  If a bride wants a specific piece, I'll certainly do my best to include it, but I do point out that they won't hear the piece as they won't be in the church.  =)

Once they're ready to seat the moms, someone lets me know, and I switch to a piece of music that I can lengthen or shorten as is needed for the time.

Once MOB is seated, I start the WP processional.  At the start of that piece, the officiant, groom, BM, and GM come out from the side entrance.  Once groom and officiant are in place, the first BM starts down the aisle.

Once MOH is in place, there is a very brief pause, and I play the bride's music.

So really, it's 3 pieces of music that you would need to be concerned about.  And the parent's music should be easily modified, because your musician probably won't need a lot of music to cover that moment.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    fiddle14fiddle14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Trix.

1.  Seating of grandparents and parents
    2. "Attendants' Processional" - includes officiant, groom entrance, groomsmen, bridesmaids, FG, RB
    3.  Bride's processional
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto with Trix!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    krystinduncankrystinduncan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long does each song typically need to be? I'm mainly curious about the seating of parents/grandparents...
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long is your aisle?  How many people are you seating?  Those are variables that will affect the length of the piece.

If you're using a live musician, let him/her choose the piece.  They'll have one that can be easily tailored to gracefully bring to a close after your mom is seated.

If you're having recorded music, just let the dj know to fade out the music after your mom has been seated.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards