Georgia-Atlanta

I called it off :'(

OMG..... I called off our November 3rd wedding....about 5 hours before it was to begin. It sucks, it's horrible. We are working through things....we have a 3 yr old son together. Things were said and done the night before that made me realize we weren't quite ready yet...even after being together for five years. All the stress of the wedding planning exploded in our faces. So, we are going to work really hard on the important things in our relationship and set another date sometime after the new year....maybe February. Besides grieving over losing the beautiful day that was planned and can never be the same, the fact that we should be married....the loss of money hurts too. It was the toughest decision of my life, but the right one given the circumstances of the night prior.
I wish you all the best of luck! And don't let the stress make you guys crazy!Kiss
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I called it off :'(

• Sorry things didn't go your way. But you did the right thing. In all of this, sometimes people forget that it's ALL about the relationship and everything else is secondary.

Stay positive and focused on the future instead of the past.
  • I applaud you for having the courage to do the right thing for you and not the easy thing. Very brave. Thoughts and hugs to you ;)
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • I am sorry to hear that and wish all the luck for your both! Hope you can work on your relationship :)
  • UPDATE:
    We have been going to counseling. Communication is so much better, because of that, so is everything else. We are going to continue with counseling and have set another date, March 23rd. 
    I guess the good thing is, pretty much everything is already planned. So, no stressing about that. We won't have a wedding party this go around. I'm mad at MOH(SIL) anyway, she told me two weeks after the "wedding day" that she was selling her dress. That just shows me she had no faith in us. Anyway, we aren't sending invites either....we'll just make calls. If they show, they show, if not, oh well.
    The only thing we really have to do is get our rings engraved...again, and plan the amount of food depending on how many guests say yes. The photographer and DJ were already paid (and friends), so we don't have to pay that again. The pastor told us in counseling that the church is ours, whatever day we want.
    Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards