Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Reply Dates

I do not know what date to put on my response cards. I want to put a "reply by" date but I am not sure what the standard amount of time is. Suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reply Dates

• Options
    We sent out invites July 27th
    RSVP Date was Sept. 9th

So my guests had roughly 6 weeks to respond, which is fairly standard.

I needed a head count by Sept. 19th and the wedding was on the 26th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We mailed our invites 9/8 with an rsvp date fo 10/9, which was 4 weeks before the wedding. I didn't need a final headcount until 10/30, but this gave us some extra time.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Our RSVP date was 3 weeks prior to our wedding, but our venue only needed a final head count 2 days prior. It completely depends on when your venue/caterer needs a final head count. I'd make it 10 - 14 days before that to give you ample time to track people down.
  • Options

My wedding is on 08/28/10 I'm sending out the invites end of April early May and requesting they be back by 05/31. I put some thought into this, the reason I want them back that early is that June, July and August tend to be months when people go away on vacations and are not home alot so it's harder to track people down also since I'm not doing save the dates it lets them plan those vacations accordingly. Also, I have some people overseas that I need to know whether they're coming or not...and need to have enough time to send out list B invites if people turn down the invite. Do you think people will have a problem with this?

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    We did 1.5 weeks before our caterer needed everything for a total of 3 weeks.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Ask your venue and your florist. Your venue will tell you when they need the final headcount by, and sometimes the florist needs a centerpiece count before that date. Welaos pushed the date one week ahead just because we knew people would respond late.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reply-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8888bf9e-669b-4d49-8805-ed29d606fab0Post:8beac274-24b1-4d80-a28b-659357362e51">Re: Reply Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is on 08/28/10 I'm sending out the invites end of April early May and requesting they be back by 05/31. I put some thought into this, the reason I want them back that early is that June, July and August tend to be months when people go away on vacations and are not home alot so it's harder to track people down also since I'm not doing save the dates it lets them plan those vacations accordingly. Also, I have some people overseas that I need to know whether they're coming or not...and need to have enough time to send out list B invites if people turn down the invite. Do you think people will have a problem with this?
    Posted by kathygrzywnowicz[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that is way too early.  There is no way I can tell you 3 months in advance I can attend the wedding due to my work schedule. 

For your overseads guests send them an STD.  You can still send out their invites 12 weeks early.  But I would not have the RSVP date until closer to the wedding date.

I understand your lodgic.  I think it's just going to backfire on you.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards