Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Yikes!

I have a slight issue and I'm unsure of proper etiquette for this situation.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my BMs had to back out of the WP and in doing so, also informed me that she wouldn't be able to throw my bridal shower either. Since she was my only local BM, I was pretty sad. However, when I mentioned this to another friend at lunch, she practically begged me to let her throw it. I graciously accepted her off to throw it at her mother's house as long as it was ok her mom.

So this morning, friend (S) and I head to Target to check out invitations and get some ideas. Well S decided we needed to get extra invitations since she will be handwriting them and will more than likely mess up one or two, which makes sense. She also decided that she wanted to jazz them up by putting rhinestones and flowers on them, which will be cute. As we are standing in line at the register, S hands me all the invitations and extra materials that she insisted we needed and says she's going to go get a coffee and will meet me at the exit... which means I had to pay fo everything.

As we were leaving, she said that after she gets the invites out, she will want to get together again to go decoration shopping, and I have a sinking feeling that she will expect me to pay for these as well.

I feel that if some one is going to offer to throw a party for somebody else, they should expect there to be some expenses involved, and that the honoree should not be paying for any part of this.

If she tries  to get me to pay for more stuff for my party, should I say something to her, or do I just have to smile and do it? I really don't have the spare funds to throw myself a party after hosting my own engagement party and FI and I are paying for the majority of our wedding as well. Had I known I would be paying, I would have declined her offer... Please help! I'm at a loss

Re: Bridal Shower Yikes!

• edited December 2011
    I like the suggestions you got over on E.  
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • cydnigracecydnigrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooops. Didn't know about the XP. I just wanted to get insight from different groups since I know different people hang out on different boards. Thanks for letting me know about the XP. I'm still a little new to this and I'll make sure to do that next time, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards