Connecticut
Options

Which DJ?

My fiance and I have already booked our photography and florist, and are in the process of choosing a DJ. We have met with DJ Melee and are meeting with Jason from CT Party Pros and Local Motion in the next week. Does anyone have any opinions on any of these DJs? I know that DJ Melee is a board favorite but I was just wondering who everyone would recommend out of the three. We aren't really sure what to look for or how to choose.

Thank you in advance! :)

Re: Which DJ?

• Options
    We went with DJae Melee. He's much cheaper than everyone else we spoke with, and said he would be able to get any song for us (and followed through on that). I didn't like how difficult it was to communicate with him in the months leading up to our wedding, but he was really good with communicate in the weeks before and the day of. He directed us for speeches and dances during dinner, but didn't overwhelm us with talking. He's a nice guy who runs a yearly donation toy drive. I definitely think he's a good DJ!
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    DJae Melee is our dj for our upcoming wedding. He has been great so far! We booked him right on the spot. He was very affordable and his all inclusive package had everything we were looking for including uplighting. (uplighting packages usually cost soooo much) Everyone on he raves about him. A lot of the ladies on here talk about how he had their guests on the floor the entire night :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We used Jason & Vinny from CT Party Pros for our September wedding. We had 200 guests ranging in age from 11 - 90 and everyone danced all night. Our guests could not say enough good things!

When we first met with Jason he asked what kind of music we liked and what we had in mind and immediately started playing a bunch of different songs for us. He listened to what we wanted and played our requests while also playing a great mix of music.

Communication was excellent, we would get a response back the same day. We also used them for uplighting and a photobooth.

Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are using Rob Guilmette from South Windsor, met with him and immediately felt like he would be great.  You can tell he has a lot of experience and will do whatever to make your day go smoothly and how you want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards