DC
Options

Wedding Band

Hello Ladies,
My FI has his heart set on a band. I however am not so on board with this idea. I was wondering if anyone has hired a band and where did you find them? Need as many suggestions as possible. Thanks in advance.

M

Re: Wedding Band

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think it is really worth it if you have a group who likes to dance and it is going to be a very upbeat type wedding. Look at entertainmentexchange (dot) com and I really recommend Galaxy Band... The video is a little dated but the band was amazing . Also I was at a friends wedding a few weekends ago and she used The Great Expecations Band and they were pretty good too if you want something larger like (10 people) .... best of luck :)

• Options
    villanosal8villanosal8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super T!!!

We had him at our wedding and people cannot stop talking about him.
    He's very interactive- has the BM's do a BM dance, the bride and groom do a funky dance, the parents of the bride.  It's a nonstop party!

We were married at Meadowlark and the workers all told us they had never seen people dance like that.

Check out his site:
    http://www.supertrevue.com/

They have a tour bus and come right the night before your wedding.  They are the easiest vendor to work with!  I can't stop raving...

On another note- we looked at literally every band in the DC area and all the major talent agencies.  If you go through an agency you are paying way more than booking the band directly.  Be careful-- there are a lot of bands out there that have an "American Idol" reject as their lead singer- great voice, but still looking to be discovered and not really motiviate the crowd to dance.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies.

M
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards