Jewish Weddings

Train While Circling Groom

Kind of an odd question...
I'm concerned about my long train getting tangled while I circle my groom.  I'm not sure how much room there will be to know how widely I can circle him.

Did anyone else have a super long train and circle their groom?  Was it a problem? Or am I just overthinking everything?
Anniversary

Re: Train While Circling Groom

• edited December 2011
    you are overthinking. What you should do is have one of your BMs or your mom gather your train and drap it over one of your arms then after your circle they reposition it before you continue.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't bother with circling.  My Conservative Rabbi said it wasn't a requirement, so I opted not to do it.  But I have seen circling where the mothers and/or MOH hold the train while the bride circles, then re-position it when she's done.
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always seen the two mothers carry the train and follow the bride while she circles.
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, ok overthinking party of one right here :-p

Thanks everyone!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My FMIL was all excited about carrying the train with my mother. But I was planning on getting rid of the train (my dress is from a sample sale).
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    My MOH carried my train for me while I circled.  I've seen people do it lots of different ways, a lot depends on the space.  Our chuppah was pretty narrow, so I didn't have much room to circle.  If you have more room, your train might be fine without any help, as long as you walk REALLY slowly!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had a long train and my mom and MIL held it as I circled DH.  I liked the meaning of it, so I did it.  And just walk slowly...and let whoever you assign to your train take care of it!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_train-circling-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:c3ab3d0a-6dd7-4cf1-bfb5-d568d526d876Post:6984e46d-0a67-4a10-876c-60820ad3619c">Re: Train While Circling Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]you are overthinking. What you should do is have one of your BMs or your mom gather your train and drap it over one of your arms then after your circle they reposition it before you continue.
    Posted by shirz903[/QUOTE]
    This....I did this.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards