Flowers

Gold Reception Hall??

Hey All,

The reception venue I'm looking at using is a restored hotel built in 1915.  The reception hall has that rich, old-world feel, and it is all gold.  The walls are ivory, the accents are gold, and the linens are sandalwood.  I originally wanted yellow flowers, but now I don't think they will work.  Help!  What colors look best with gold?

Re: Gold Reception Hall??

• edited December 2011
    you could lean toward terracotta and ivory with touches of yellow... it you add a good measure of greens you will still keep the richness. 

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got married at a historical hotel and the linens and drapes were gold.  I did all white flowers but my second choice was to do all red roses.  I also considered a mixture of cream and blush pink which I think looks great with gold.  My girls wore champagne dresses and my second choice was black.

Don't worry too much about it though.  Just use the colors you love.  I had all of my color combos above in mind before I even picked my venue.  If you Google "gold and ____ wedding" inspiration boards will come up that can help.
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know the room with out you even giving the name of the hotel. The room is magnificent. I have been at two receptions there...one with the pool(aqua blue) tablecloths and white flowers and one with reds...both were stunning.The colors were beuatiful accents to the room.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you like the monochromatic color combinations, then shades of white, ivory, yellow, and gold will look very elegant and formal.

If you like a little contrast, you can go with darker colors, like orange, rust, red, or purple. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards