Tennessee
Options

Bachelorette Party in Nashville-help/ideas?

Hi ladies,

I am planning a "destination" bachelorette party for my friend at the end of March/beginning of April and am looking for ideas on what to do in Nashville.  All of us attending will be traveling from Ohio/Illinois and are not very familiar with the Nashville area.  We'll be there for a long weekend, likely Friday through Sunday.  Here are some of the questions I have:

-Where to stay that is within walking distance (or short cab ride) to restaurants, bars, etc.?  We will not be renting a car. 
-The bride-to-be would like to have a spa day.  Recs?
-Any other tips/advice?

Thanks so much!!
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party in Nashville-help/ideas?

• Options
    The hotel we stayed at for my bach party was this one:

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/nashville/bnabw/hoteldetail

You might be looking for something more high end, but it was clean, within walking distance to everywhere downtown, and had a hot breakfast.

There's plenty of bars/clubs on Broadway, like Coyote Ugly, the Wildhorse, Red Door, Margaritaville (if you want to try your hand at celebrity spotting).

As far as restaurants go, the Cheesecake Factory is always to die for, it's in the Green Hills mall (upper-end mall). A really cool breakfast place is the Pfunky Griddle: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pfunky-griddle-nashville-2. You get a table with a griddle in the middle, pick a batter and mix-ins, and make your pancakes. It's fun.

Spa Day needs to be done for sure at the Mind Body Institute (http://www.mindbodynashville.com/clinic) for cheap massages. It's a massage school, you'd have to get a cab because it's not near Broadway, but I'm sure you could find something close by.

Have fun! I love Nashville!
  • Options
    You are going to have fun! Nashville is one of my favorite cities!  I am actually getting married in downtown Nashville in June!

We always stay at Renaissance Nashville Marriott.  It is really nice and clean, they have great service, really good room service, nice hotel bar and they do have a spa.  I have never used the spa though.  It is right in downtown and very close walking distance to everything.  They will also make great restaurant suggestions for you if you ask.  Very helpful! 

Coyote Ugly is a great place to go.  The Big Bang Piano Bar is my favorite place to go to and you MUST go there!  There is always a bach party going on in there.  Great place, great crowd, good drinks, good music and TONS OF FUN!!  I will be going there for my bach party actually.  Tootsies is another honk tonk that is famous and would be good to go to.  Wild Horse Saloon has great music and fantastic food (they are catering my reception).  Old Spaghetti Factory is a few doors down from Coyote Ugly and The Melting Pot.  There is also a Panera in downtown for a quick bagel or sandwich type of meal.  Joe's Crabshake is also in downtown.  Jacks BBQ is on Broadway and is also very good.  There are a couple of nice steak house in the area if you are looking to do a nice meal.  Mortons, Ruth Chris and The Stockyard.  Mortons and Stockyard and are my favorite.   In downtown everything is in walking distance.  No need to get a cab unless you are too drunk to walk to your hotel LOL!

You are going to have tons of fun!!

My boiggest suggestion is going to the Big Bang Piano Bar!!!  It is tons of fun and you all will love it!

Have fun!!! :)
  • Options
    I love second avenue/ Broadway. I think we're basically gonna bar hop for mine. There are so many bars there it will be easy.
    I don't know how much you're looking to spend, but Hotel indigo is really nice, and there is one right on the corner from the bar scene.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_bachelorette-party-nashville-helpideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:125Discussion:1b75963d-a3f0-4378-8f3a-ffe549e6be2ePost:34897d78-d5be-4754-aaec-a0ca34a079d8">Bachelorette Party in Nashville-help/ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, I am planning a "destination" bachelorette party for my friend at the end of March/beginning of April and am looking for ideas on what to do in Nashville.  All of us attending will be traveling from Ohio/Illinois and are not very familiar with the Nashville area.  We'll be there for a long weekend, likely Friday through Sunday.  Here are some of the questions I have: -Where to stay that is within walking distance (or short cab ride) to restaurants, bars, etc.?  We will not be renting a car.  -The bride-to-be would like to have a spa day.  Recs? -Any other tips/advice? Thanks so much!!
    Posted by summerbride529[/QUOTE]

Nashville is bachelorette party central! I recommend staying in the center of downtown so you can walk everywhere, such as the Hilton Downtown, Rennissance, Marriot, etc. They will all cost about $150-$250 a night, but it will be worth it.
    There are 70+ bars & restaurants within walking distance. Check out The Stage, Tootsie's, Coyote Ugly, the Wildhorse Saloon (for a free line-dancing lesson), and anywhere music is playing. You WILL have a blast. Don't forget about Printers Alley later on in the night.
    Some of the most popular restaurants for bachelorette parties are Cabana, Virago, anywhere in the Gulch (Bar Louie, Sambuca, etc), Margaritaville, Big River Brewery and so many more.
    Some fun activities are tours (Nashtrash tour, Hillbilly tour). They will show you around and have you laughing. Some are BYOB too. Relax at one of the many spas in the area - too many to mention. Hop on a party bus with FADDS Party Buses. Go to one of the many music festivals and concerts going on. Visit a Winery. There are three in the area. Arrington is the most popular and a wonderful place for a pinic gathering. Take a pole or chair dancing lesson (Urban Studio in East Nashville), ride the bull at Cadillac Ranch and walk down Broadway and shop for a pair of cowgirl boots or just people watch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards