Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Introduction!

Hello! I've been lurking around TK for a little while - ever since 2 roommates of mine in college were engaged and got married, but I haven't had any real reason to be a serious active member.  But, hey, I figure I can start now while I am 'waiting'! 
I'm from Omaha, NE, but I live in STL now (but the wedding will be in KC,MO).  I went to school in STL and that's where I met my current BF.  We've been together for almost 3 years (it will be 3 years on April Fool's Day!) and we have discussed marriage - I'm truthfully just waiting on the question now! :-)  We picked out the ring last March, but, both of us being recent college grads in a yucky economy has made the process a little slower - which is probably a good thing!  We've learned alot in just this past year, and I'm just getting anxious to get to plan the greatest day of our lives and move on with our future!
I currently substitute teach, and coach and teach dance in the area, but I'm looking for a fulltime teaching job, which I'm hoping will come my way this year!  He's working on breaking into the professional football thing, but working as much as he can at the moment!

Well, thanks if you read that long post! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!
"Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."

Re: Introduction!

• Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm from KC but live in Lincoln, NE, and the wedding is in KC. Why will the wedding be in KC? Do you have family there?
  • Options
    mmk<3cws2010mmk<3cws2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I'm planning a KC wedding in December and living in southeast Kansas. 

I hope you get to hear that question soon!  Good luck planning...it's never to early to start saving pictures and ideas.
  • Options
    StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  Actually, the wedding will be in KC because ALL of his family is there (that's where he's from) and it's closer for my family from Omaha, NE to come to KC than STL (and then hopefully our friends from STL won't mind the minimal drive!)  Thanks for the welcoming!  No, worries, I've got a computer file full of pictures, ideas, and websites! :-)
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

Planning a wedding "long distance" can be a challenge, but there are plenty of ladies in the same boat and it certainly can be done. Hopefully you'll be hearing those words soon - it can be so hard to wait when you "know" it's coming, but it wounds like you're doing well so far! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards