Florida-South Florida
Options

Anyone writing their own vows?

I have been pushing this aside for the longest time and after DIYing my wish tree tags last night...I decided to start on my own vows. I thought it was going to be hard to put into words everything I wanted to share with FI but it wasn't. I have my rough draft and will have a friend correct it because I am making our vows (FI will make his) into small, thin books to frame them in our apt :)

Anyone else writing their own?

Re: Anyone writing their own vows?

• Options
    Aww, that's so sweet!  I'm too darn lazy to do my own vows, LOL!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    Yes, FI and I are definitely writing our vows. FI writes very very well, so I already know his will definitely be better than mine. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    We are all Fi idea too! I plan to frame them an hang them in our room
  • Options
    We are not writing our own vows.  Heck, I haven't even put together the ceremony and I am getting married in exactly 2 weeks!! 
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_anyone-writing-their-own-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:6a178af1-f60f-4e73-ab50-4016e5ddf7bdPost:0a38dbfc-ea04-4d93-9df1-ff91c858c9c9">Anyone writing their own vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been pushing this aside for the longest time and after DIYing my wish tree tags last night...I decided to start on my own vows. I thought it was going to be hard to put into words everything I wanted to share with FI but it wasn't. I have my rough draft and will have a friend correct it because I am making our vows (FI will make his) into small, thin books to frame them in our apt :) Anyone else writing their own?
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]

We are writing our own vows, but I have NO CLUE what the usual format is. Do people write mini speeches or do they write the actual vows (i.e., I, Laura, promise to take you, Robbie, as my lifelong friend and partner...etc etc.).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_anyone-writing-their-own-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:6a178af1-f60f-4e73-ab50-4016e5ddf7bdPost:f08bc7d2-96a0-437f-aaff-5f348f3342e5">Re: Anyone writing their own vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anyone writing their own vows? : We are writing our own vows, but I have NO CLUE what the usual format is. Do people write mini speeches or do they write the actual vows (i.e., I, Laura, promise to take you, Robbie, as my lifelong friend and partner...etc etc.).
    Posted by lmw315[/QUOTE]
    I don't think there is a usual format when it comes to writing your vows. I think it's more of a personal choice if you want the traditional vow format or a freestyle format. For my vows I didn't go with the traditional format and I loved how the format. I would suggest googling samples of vows and see which style you like the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards