Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Affordable to Cheap: Wedding Invitations & Flower Decorations?

Hello,

I have been doing lots of research and I am wondering for those who are functioning under a fairly tight budget who would rather not make their own invitations or make their own flower centerpieces and bouquets what places or people in the Twin Cities or surrounding area have you found to give GREAT deals???

Any information would be helpful!

Re: Affordable to Cheap: Wedding Invitations & Flower Decorations?

• edited December 2011
    Get on Vistaprint's mailing list and order your invites from there - they often have free deals or 50% off.

My florist is amazing, affordable and experienced - creativesuz.com.  Depending on what you want, if its not elaborate, you should be able to stay under $400 tops.

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, how firm is this whole "not making your own" invitations rule? Like, do you want them cut, printed, and put together for you? If so, I have no real suggestions. However, if you're just looking for something simpler than buying bluk paper and creating something from scratch, I'd recommend Michael's. They have really easy kits that are actually quite attractive. They're pretty affordable to begin with, but you can get crazy good deals with careful use of their coupons. They give you like a 40% off coupon every time you buy something,  so you buy something small one day  go back in for your 40% off box of invitesa few days later.

Intuitive Blooms is a fantastic budget-friendly floral option. Lacey is known for working with any budget and managing to make that budget go wayyyyy further than most other florists. And she's crazy talented.
  • aabrahams7aabrahams7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used www.annsbridalbargains.com for invites. I didn't want to deal with invites as I chose to make my own flowers. I got all of my invites for less than 1.00/invite and ordered my RSVP's from vistaprint for free.
  • hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using 123print.com.  They seem to be the cheapest and have free shipping with envolopes coming with the invites.  You can order samples if you would like too.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a Michaels kit and the invitations were lovely. I used half off coupons and they ended up being like $0.80 each. We also DIYed our flowers from Sams Club. We got a TON of flowers for a little less than $400. With what we got/did, it would have cost thousands from a florist. Nobody was able to tell that either project was DIY and neither was hard to do.
    Photobucket
  • nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our invites though vistaprint. Like pp said, sign up for their bridal emails and you'll get great deals. We got 200 invites AND RSVP for $115, and got a lot of compliments on them.
  • shainabironshainabiron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For flowers, I would contact Jeni from Simply Stated Elegance. 
    http://www.simplystatedelegance.com/

Her prices are very reasonable (wholesale for flowers plus $30/hour for labor) and much less than you'll find at a lot of places.  She's a great communicator and was really prompt about getting a quote to us after looking at flowers with her.  Also, if you check out her facebook or website, she does a beautiful job too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my invites from etsy. 

The seller created them and sent me a digital copy of it.  And then I printed them out on photo paper.  So, if you don't want super fancy ones, this may be a way for you to check out.  They were super cheap.

Also, lot's of photo sites give you offers for '50 free prints' or '200 free prints' (of 4x6's).  So it could even get cheaper.
    Anniversary
  • ShelbyGT21ShelbyGT21 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhh! Check out invitationsforless.com
    They are located in Minnetonka out of a couples house, but have done really well! They also have info on their site, but you can schedule a time and go check out their show room. 

This link shows some budget invitations you can order through them for around $50.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AETS26AETS26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are considering doing our own flowers from the farmer's market. This is a fantastic option if you:

- live near Minneapolis or St. Paul
    - are having a summer wedding
    - are flexible with flower types and colors -- you obviously can't order anything but have to choose from what's there
    - have some helpers who can buy, deliver, & arrange the flowers for you

The major markets in the Twin Cities often have really cheap but beautiful roses ($10/dozen) and they all sell those gorgeous orange / yellow bouquets of lilies, etc. for $4-6 for a huge bouquet, and sunflowers. I am thinking of doing simple vase arrangements with these flowers and making my own rose bouquet. I already did a test run -- sooo easy, and only cost me $10 + $3 for floral tape! It also looked great for about 4 days. If you're interested in this idea, google DIY flowers or DIY wedding bouquet. There are many videos tutorials and tips.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards