South Asian Weddings

Checking out Oak Street, Jersey - need help

I'm gonna look for my bridal lehenga in Oak Street.  Do I need to get a car?  Or is it like NYC where I can just walk everywhere?

Also, are there any nice hotels you recommend nearby where I would be in the center of town to walk around everywhere?

Can you recommend some nice stores that carry modern, sexy, lehengas?

Re: Checking out Oak Street, Jersey - need help

• edited December 2011
    You're going to need a car when you visit NJ / Oak Tree Rd. It's not a large city like NYC where you can walk to different places from the subway/train or even your hotel.

There are no hotels that are within walking distance to Oak Tree either, which is why you will need a car. I'd actually venture to say that if you're coming all the way up here from FL, I'd make enough time to also visit Jackson Heights since they have stores as well that you might want to check out.

I don't actually have any recommendations for specific stores, but there are plenty you can choose from.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if I got a near by hotel and just took a cab to Oak Street.  Would I be able to walk around once I get to Oak Street?  Are the stores in close proximity to each other?  I know that once you hit Iselin you need permits to park, so I would think getting a cab to Oak Street would be better so I don't have to worry about parking issues.  What do you suggest?
  • ankitadankitad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with previous posts.

I have some brand new, never-worn outfits from Oak Tree that I'm selling at a discount, designers like Priya Chintan, etc, plus several saris from India .  Would be happy to meet you in NJ if you're interested.  Feel free to email me at ankita.deshpande@gmail.com

-Ankita
  • R&Rwed08R&Rwed08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes there are hotels around the the area if you stay around the Woodbridge area so search for Woodbridge area I believe there is Hilton and a friend had also stayed at Embassy suites I think that some hotels provide car service I know they should be familiar with the area. Or if you stay in NYC then you can take a train from Pen station to Metropark station and then take a cab right outside Metropark. The cab can drop you off to oak tree rd (not Oak Street). Make a list of the places you want to go to, the street has shops from one end Galaxy R estaurant (which has parking in the back fyi) to the other End Dimple Restaurant its basically from one traffic light to the other. I think I already gave my shout outs on the vendors I liked in a previous post. Gorgeous Studio, Sahil, Sheetal and I'd bring a camera with you to take pictures. Oh and I wouldn't plan on going there on Monday as the shops are closed on that day.

Best Preet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards