October 2012 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon CHECK!!!!!! And credit card rewards!

I booked our flights last night for our Honeymoon in Kauai!!!! My dad and step-mom were kind enough to give us a week in their timeshare there.

We also thought long and hard about how to make this money we are spending work for us. We started looking into credit cards with good rewards. We are paying cash for the wedding, but thought maybe we could filter our payments through a credit card and get some perks. We ended up going with the Hyatt Visa Rewards card. Just for opening the card we get two free nights at any hyatt in the WORLD! With that we extended our honeymoon two nights and are staying at the Grand Hyatt Kauai in Poipu that is right on the beach and GORGEOUS!!! At $400 a night, we just got $800 in free hotel stay. Plus, we will be charging all of the remaining wedding expenses on the card and then promptly paying it off with the money in the wedding account. By my calculations, we should have $300 in spa and dining credit by the time the wedding rolls around. Bring on the private cabana and couples massage!!!! :) 
October 2012 Board: June Siggy

Re: Honeymoon CHECK!!!!!! And credit card rewards!

• Options
    That sounds so great!!!  I'd love to go to Hawaii some day : )

I love using credit card rewards.  I have a cash back rewards card and since I pay my bill in full every month, I get over $200 a year back!  I love free money! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!  Hawaii sounds amazing and I am so jealous!

We've been doing the same thing with FI Amex.  We actually pay as many bills and wedding stuff with that card, so I know our rewards are going to be pretty sweet at the end of the year!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Awesome! I love rewards. I ended up getting $10 off my grocery bill last night :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards