Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Morning ladies!

Working out went as planned, though I had to add an extra one in at night due to some major snacking after dinner.  I think the nerves are getting to me - I really need to get back in control for this last month.

Hopefully food will stay on track today.  I'm going to do some cardio and then the floor and balance work from yoga x.

How is everyone doing?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• Options
    Morning

I am kinda feeling like " when it rains it pours"  I am starting to get over the chest infection and not smoking is chugging along but Im getting reactions from the smoking cessation drugs im on (upset tummy and weird hot flashes) then to top it off last night I had an old filling pop. So off to the dentist I go today. Sucks because FI and I were JUST talking about how we have enough money saved to pay for the wedding now I am going to have to dip into it.

the plan is to hit the gym tonight and start getting back at it. thankfully food has been pretty on target.

just realized this post sounds like such a pity party-Tomorrow will be a better day!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yesterday was a bad eating day but I knew it would be as I was travelling all day.  Spending 5 hours on a plane and changing time zones always throws things off.  Went out for a great Italian dinner in NYC when we got in. 

Got up this morning intending to workout but had a killer headache so I went back to bed.  Thankfully 30 minutes later the headache was gone and I got my workout in.   30 minutes on the elliptical overlooking Times Square - not too shabby.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning!

I feel like a bum because I was too exhausted and had too much to do yesterday to fit a workout in. I was volunteering with a foster kid and didn't get done with them till 7:30, came home and was starving so we cooked dinner...then all I felt like doing was vegetating. 

Not gonna let this become a trend, tonight I plan to go to the gym for some weightlifting followed by at least a half hour on the treadmill (putting it here so I have to follow thru!)
  • Options
    I think I pulled something in my shoulder yesterday so shoulders and core tabata was a little rough this morning, but I got through it and then did 2 miles. Waiting to see if I'll be able to make a trip back home or not. For various reasons, it's looking like no, but we'll see.
  • Options
    I went for a run yesterday and have been trying to make it a point to give the dog a morning and evening walk.  I had pasta last night with Three Cheese marinara and them a teeny bit of Parmesan cheese and my stomach is very angry today.  Hopefully it will subside (even though I brought leftovers with me... oops!)
  • Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was a complete wash, I was too exhausted in the am to get up and do the 4th week of 30DS.  At lunch I talked to my dad's dr's assistant who said that he is definitely having his right leg amputated on Friday and possibly the left in the coming weeks, but defintiely not at the same time.  So I left work, went home, cried to the FI, ate 3 brownies and napped.  This morning I was too exhausted again to work out ... tonight is weights, and then I'm back on track NO MATTER WHAT.  I hopped on the scale, just to test out the reprocessions from yesterday and thankfully it was down 2 (miracles do happen?)

Hope everyone has a fab day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!

I ran day 1 of week 3 in c25k. Not bad, it was just hot out. I plan to run again today, but I hope the humidity goes down by the time I get out of work. I think I might double up on this week just to build some more endurance. I continue to follow the ww plan, and continue to love this program.

Have a good day!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake at the office. They sure don't make this easy, do they? I had the smallest sliver I could cut. Hopefully I can resist the rest, along witht the cookies and homemade cherry pie. Ahrg!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    So the below Vi post made me remember I wanted to look up some info on the ingredients. Found a pretty interesting blog post if anyone is curious and just as fed up with seeing it in their newsfeed as I am. http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weightloss/bodybyviisitallhype/
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

Lobsters- Is your wedding Aug 24th?? I'll be one month out tomm but I'm the 25th, on the homestretch now! :)

Yesterday was a decent day eating wise. I went to dinner at Longhorns while shopping but had a filet and steamed veggies so it was super healthy. Plus we walked all over the plaza so I got a little workout in even though it was an easy stroll.

Today is so humid I felt like I had gotten rained on when I walked out to my car, I hate that. So there will be no walking today unless the humidity goes way down. I'll have to stick with a swim after work, which is fine because its a great workout too. I'm not sure what our dinner plan is yet, FI has his horseshoe league tonight so we are usually on our own.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:10bd0a8b-6377-4937-bc89-89cd6ed55bdaPost:bf9df908-cc42-4eb8-9b9b-88cd8fd15d64">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Lobsters- Is your wedding Aug 24th?? I'll be one month out tomm but I'm the 25th, on the homestretch now! :) Posted by Scheff725[/QUOTE]

Yup, one month! Crazy, isn't it?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:10bd0a8b-6377-4937-bc89-89cd6ed55bdaPost:893f156e-c012-45e9-876a-de7f6c0d207c">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday : Yup, one month! Crazy, isn't it?
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

It really is. I am def not ready yet haha. Weirdly enough I feel like the closer we get to the day, the longer my "to do" list is growing!
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Lobsters-- Congrats on being so close

Souptin-- We all have days where we just need to let it out... trust me I have had my fair share so no worries and I hope the "pouring" stops! And you are right tomorrow will be better :)

Sunrise-- Sorry about your dad sweetie, I am proud of you for only having 3 brownies bc I am sure I would have had the whole pan :) *Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way*

Yesterday was okay.  Took lunch to work, had a yummy pork tenderloin waiting in the crockpot when I got home.  I was supposed to work out today after work but I have a 3 hour supervision meeting I forgot about so the working out will get pushed out.  Maybe I will try to get a walk in after supper @ 9.  Tomorrow I have my first meeting with a personal trainer that I got with my gym membership so I am excited for that :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Options
    Morning everyone!

Yesterday was a rest day, so I did just that. Tonight I'm going to run 2.5 miles after work!

Not much to say today! Have a good day everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Finally got back on track and eating was good yesterday but no working out. This morning got up and got an insnaity workout in and felt like I was able to do so much more which felt great.

My rock climbing partner is out of town the next two weeks which sucks becuase not going to get that workout in. I love going climbing becuase its such a great workout but I barely feel like I'm working out since its so much fun and like a challenging puzzle. I'm hoping to convince some other friends to come try it out and go with me at least once but so far not looking so good on that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:10bd0a8b-6377-4937-bc89-89cd6ed55bdaPost:28608d81-437f-4eac-b568-3cfd50d3a229">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Finally got back on track and eating was good yesterday but no working out. This morning got up and got an insnaity workout in and felt like I was able to do so much more which felt great. My rock climbing partner is out of town the next two weeks which sucks becuase not going to get that workout in. I love going climbing becuase its such a great workout but I barely feel like I'm working out since its so much fun and like a challenging puzzle. I'm hoping to convince some other friends to come try it out and go with me at least once but so far not looking so good on that.
    Posted by Sjmiller418[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you climb indoors?  There is an indoor rock gym near me that I've been dying to try out and haven't gotten to quite yet.  Booooo .... </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ Lobsters and Scheff - i can't believe you're so close! that's awesome!!!

I did 30 minutes of 10 minute trainer last night and 20 minutes worth this morning. I might hop on the elliptical for an intense 20 minutes tonight doing hi-lo cycles. I was way under my calories yesterday but filled up on salad so i wasn't hungry! hopefully today I can do that same or at least be at 1,200.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I reached my goal of losing 10lbs!!!! :-D

Now everything I lose with just be icing on the sexy me cake ;-)
    I missed my workout yesterday due to running around like crazy running errands, but I kept my core muscles tight the whole time so I felt like I did a bazillion crunches. This eating health stuff as become an easy part of my life to keep up, I'm happily surprised with that little fact. Going walking and some light weights tonight, just gotta get through the next 6.5hrs at work lol

Happy Tuesday ladies, keep sweating and working :-D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @finally! that's wonderful! I hope i can say the same thing next september!
  • Options
    @sunrise Ya its indoor climbing. I would like to try out outdoor climbing but its so much more expensive and I dont think I'm up for that yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been away from my computer but I haven't been slacking as badly as I could have been...  Last weekend I was out of town for a bridal tea in my hometown. I did a good job of exercising at the hotel and keeping my portions small (the tea sandwiches helped with that!) Yesterday I was really worn out, though, and I only made it 20 min. on the elliptical. After dinner I just went to bed.

This morning I should have done 30 DS but FI's brother is living with us for the next 3 weeks (while he is in between apartments) and I felt bad exercising and possibly waking him up in the next room. Also, I was being lazy.

Luckily we have a softball game tonight so I'll have to be really energetic and burn some extra calories!  Have a great evening, everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:10bd0a8b-6377-4937-bc89-89cd6ed55bdaPost:db6e6bc8-d126-470b-aaf4-ead0e291efa0">Re:Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So the below Vi post made me remember I wanted to look up some info on the ingredients. Found a pretty interesting blog post if anyone is curious and just as fed up with seeing it in their newsfeed as I am. <a href="http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weightloss/bodybyviisitallhype/" rel="nofollow">http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weightloss/bodybyviisitallhype/</a>
    Posted by ZeroOrchestra[/QUOTE]

<div>The link didn't work for me.  I know someone who is selling it and swears by the stuff.  She's lost a lot of weight but I doubt its good for you.</div>
  • Options
    Ran 2 miles in 25.48 ~ best time yet! Weigh in tomorrow!! Dress shopping Saturday!
    Visit The Knot! "Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years There was only you and me We were young and wild and free Now nothin' can take you away from me"
  • Options
    Does Shopping count?  I spent at least 2 hours walking around walmart and dollar tree and target buying stuff for my class.  I'm not sure that it counts but that's what I did instead of exercising today.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Workout Accountability: Tuesday:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Workout Accountability: Tuesday:So the below Vi post made me remember I wanted to look up some info on the ingredients. Found a pretty interesting blog post if anyone is curious and just as fed up with seeing it in their newsfeed as I am. <a href="http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weightloss/bodybyviisitallhype/Posted" rel="nofollow">http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weightloss/bodybyviisitallhype/Posted</a> by ZeroOrchestraThe link didn't work for me. nbsp;I know someone who is selling it and swears by the stuff. nbsp;She's lost a lot of weight but I doubt its good for you. Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Stupid TK mobile. If you google body by vi reviews its on the first page. H's cousin posts all the friggin time about it on Facebook.

From what I gathered, it's not anything "special". There's only 12g of protein per two scoops of shake mix, which is pretty low, and the soy content is questionable. Not to mention the origin of the actual vitamins they say are in the shake. Obviously if people go from a crappy diet to two shakes and one meal per day, they are going to lose. But it's not sustainable. It doesn't teach any healthy eating habits and does not emphasize the importance of exercise.

But BMW's are all the rage, so there's that P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards