North Carolina

IN-STUDIO engagement pictures

Hi!

Wanted to get some help from you guys... my fiance' is dead set AGAINST engagement pics taken outside in the open - out on the street, in a field, in the garden, lying in the grass, etc, you know the style. He thinks they're cheesy and unnatural  (but I think they are beautiful!) but hey, it's one of the few things he's adament about and I respect that.  SO, we are looking to get our engagement pics taken in a photography studio, does anyone have any leads/recommendations on photographers that do that style in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area?  The less stiff and stuffy and "old-timey awkward family photo" they are...the better!  

Thanks for any help you can give!

Re: IN-STUDIO engagement pictures

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_in-studio-engagement-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:d4ba648f-08c3-4fe4-b26b-443aecc6760aPost:b60c7664-bbff-4859-85ae-767bf62cd0d8">IN-STUDIO engagement pictures</a>: TRY WALMART OR THE PICTURE PEOPLE.

[QUOTE]Hi! Wanted to get some help from you guys... my fiance' is dead set AGAINST engagement pics taken outside in the open - out on the street, in a field, in the garden, lying in the grass, etc, you know the style. He thinks they're cheesy and unnatural  (but I think they are beautiful!) but hey, it's one of the few things he's adament about and I respect that.  SO, we are looking to get our engagement pics taken in a photography studio, does anyone have any leads/recommendations on photographers that do that style in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area?  The less stiff and stuffy and "old-timey awkward family photo" they are...the better!   Thanks for any help you can give!
    Posted by mellysue1029[/QUOTE]
  • What I would recommend, while looking at photographers, ask for samples of both their 'in-studio' and 'out of studio' photos. Then look through those and see which you like best.

I can't personally recommend a photographer because ours is from CO. However I will add that I think the outdoor photos seem MUCH more natural to me and I can always tell the couple is having fun instead of being worried about a certain position to sit in, while in a studio.

Good luck! :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards