Hawaii
Options

The Details Sneak Peak - Getting married Feb 18th!

Hey guys!

Long time creeper.. but used to power of the internets to help me plan my wedding in Oahu from Canada.

Maybe this might help out you darling with your future weddings, because reading all your posts certainly has helped me with mine.  I will post pics and a full review after the wedding of course (who doesn't love to share!).

Venue:  Mahakea Villas  (near Laie, Oahu)

Caterer:  D'Lish Catering

^^ D'lish and Divine weddings are both operated by Gina

Cake:  Tiers of Joy  - (Coconut cake with Banana Caramel Filing)

Photographer:  Nick Pugay

Makeup/Hair:  My Mom + Me (Mom is MAC Makeup Artist)

DJ/Music: Just Press Play Productions (Speakers/etc for an iPod, dance lighting, disco ball, colored lights)

Menus: - MissMaliaDesigns (Etsy) - 

Guestbook:  Used vintage hawaiian postcards from Island Art Store

Dress: Aidan Mattox

Let me know if you would like to hear more or about any experiences thus far!

Re: The Details Sneak Peak - Getting married Feb 18th!

• Options
    When is your wedding??  We looked at Tiers of Joy.  We loved their white chocolate chip cake.  Super yummy!!

• Options
    February 18th - Next Saturday!

I haven't tried any of the cakes/food, I am shooting blindly in the dark but I spent a lot of time reading reviews, and chatting with numerous caterers/etc.  D'lish was the right fit design-wise and I think she got what sort of wedding I am dreaming up.  Obviously it hasn't materialized yet, but we have both been very picture heavy with each other so there is no room for guessing/interpretation of what I want.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  Have a fantastic time at your wedding.  Let us know how it went when you get back

• Options
    Your wedding sounds like it's going to be fab!

Are you using Gina/Divine weddings as your wedding planner too? I am using her as my day of coordinator and would love to hear how she is and if everything goes smoothly etc.

Good luck!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I completely understand what you mean by shooting blindly. I have been a research fanatic because I live in the midwest and have never been to Oahu (where I'm planning to have my wedding, also). Good luck!!! I'm looking forward to hearing about experience when you come back :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! Where in Canada are you? I love seeing all these Canadians on the board. I'm in Toronto. Laughing
  • Options
    Whoop whoop Edmonton!!  :)

• Options
    I'm from Calgary :)

I am not using D'Lish for any coordinating.  It's a 30 person wedding and our friend will be marrying us, so we're figuring ourselves out :) 
  • Options
    Edmonton as well! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    congratulations! I'm from canada as well, Vancouver that is. I'm using Nick Pugay also. How was yoru experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards