African American Weddings
Options

I need help!

We are less than 12 days away from the wedding and I am so exhausted that I can't even complete a task w/o falling asleep. I still have so much to do and I don't know if I will be able to get everything done by the wedding. Fi keeps asking me if I found anything fun to do in Aruba, help him with his song list, and to figure out why the water was turned off at his...our house. I don't live there so idk. My minister is so busy he hardly has time to talk discuss the wedding. We did pre martial counseling and he says its pretty basic, but that doesn't help me figure out how to do the programs.

• We still haven't decided on a Bartender, what questions should i ask and how do I make sure we won't be liable for alcohol consumption.
  • Do unity candles have to be white? I found some really pretty red and silver ones but I am not sure. (the main one is a blinged out red and the two are silver)
  • How should I structure my programs? I looked up the order of a Christian wedding but couldn't find too much?

Re: I need help!

• Options
    OK! So whoo saw! Dont stress thats not going to help!

First off I see you are in Atlanta. Is your wedding in Atlanta also? Do you have a DOC? If not, hit me offline and I'll be more than happy to help. Check out my site www.enviconsulting.com (I LOVE everything weddings).

I'm going to answer the easiest to the most complex....READY????

1. Do unity candles have to be white? NO! Its your wedding....do what you want. I think the Red with Silver will be a totally different addition. Historically all invitations were black and white.....mine were White paper with Navy Blue and Hot pink....so do what makes YOU happy.

2. How should you structure the program?
    This all depends on who you have participating in the ceremony and what pieces your are coordinating. I see you are having a unity candle, are you doing special readings or Holy Communion? When I get home I can upload the order of service that many of my clients have used. The basics are:
    Prelude
    Processional
    Brides Entrance
    Declaration of Intent
    Special Reading
    Vows
    Rings
    Unity Candle
    Communion
    Declaration of Marriage
    Benediction
    Recessional

3. Bartender questions?
    Can you supply your own alcohol is the most important question? If that is YES then primarily the other questions answer themself. Ask about chasers. Signature drinks.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    rowenac82rowenac82 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-need-help-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8219dd01-bb03-43f1-9d95-b0027a0a1a7aPost:e6b3fa94-1027-4a80-bd02-19d204ab6874">Re: I need help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK! So whoo saw! Dont stress thats not going to help! First off I see you are in Atlanta. Is your wedding in Atlanta also? Do you have a DOC? If not, hit me offline and I'll be more than happy to help. C<strong>heck out my site <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.enviconsulting.com">www.enviconsulting.com</a> </strong>(I LOVE everything weddings). I'm going to answer the easiest to the most complex....READY???? 1. Do unity candles have to be white? NO! Its your wedding....do what you want. I think the Red with Silver will be a totally different addition. Historically all invitations were black and white.....mine were White paper with Navy Blue and Hot pink....so do what makes YOU happy. 2. How should you structure the program? This all depends on who you have participating in the ceremony and what pieces your are coordinating. I see you are having a unity candle, are you doing special readings or Holy Communion? When I get home I can upload the order of service that many of my clients have used. The basics are: Prelude Processional Brides Entrance Declaration of Intent Special Reading Vows Rings Unity Candle Communion Declaration of Marriage Benediction Recessional 3. Bartender questions? Can you supply your own alcohol is the most important question? If that is YES then primarily the other questions answer themself. Ask about chasers. Signature drinks.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>VENDOR!!! IM JOKING! I so book marked your site, I am hoping to do the same when I am done with this wedding..</div><div>
    </div><div>And peachy...all of this is great advice. I am also right there with you, I can not wait for next week...to be over with! </div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-need-help-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8219dd01-bb03-43f1-9d95-b0027a0a1a7aPost:e6b3fa94-1027-4a80-bd02-19d204ab6874">Re: I need help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK! So whoo saw! Dont stress thats not going to help! First off I see you are in Atlanta. Is your wedding in Atlanta also? Do you have a DOC? If not, hit me offline and I'll be more than happy to help. Check out my site <a href="http://www.enviconsulting.com" rel="nofollow">www.enviconsulting.com</a> (I LOVE everything weddings). I'm going to answer the easiest to the most complex....READY???? 1. Do unity candles have to be white? NO! Its your wedding....do what you want. I think the Red with Silver will be a totally different addition. Historically all invitations were black and white.....mine were White paper with Navy Blue and Hot pink....so do what makes YOU happy. 2. How should you structure the program? This all depends on who you have participating in the ceremony and what pieces your are coordinating. I see you are having a unity candle, are you doing special readings or Holy Communion? When I get home I can upload the order of service that many of my clients have used. The basics are: Prelude Processional Brides Entrance Declaration of Intent Special Reading Vows Rings Unity Candle Communion Declaration of Marriage Benediction Recessional 3. Bartender questions? Can you supply your own alcohol is the most important question? If that is YES then primarily the other questions answer themself. Ask about chasers. Signature drinks.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I will try to remain calm sometimes I feel like I can't breath when I go to that special place in my house filled with wedding stuff. I just booked a DOC Friday for a really good deal but since it was so good I don't really get much other than help on that day, which is fine b/c if I had to run around doing stuff I would kill somebody lol. Thanks for answering these questions, I have no idea if we are taking communion...I would like too but my minister for the day is not the main pastor at my church so he has a full time job. We were going to supply the alcohol but that makes sense to ask they may at least know how to get discounts. Thanks for the suggestions </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh & LMBO at <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><a style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;text-decoration:underline;font-weight:400;color:#579bc3 !important;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;" href="http://www.theknot.com/profiles/rowenac82/wedding-planner/favorites" target="_blank" class="username_knot">rowenac82</a></span>

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards