Not Engaged Yet

WR Poll: Help Me Decide on a Recessional Song!

FI and I are deciding our recessional song. We came up with 10 songs originally but three of them are "maybes", so I'm only including the top 7, if you will. And since I know we all like our clicky polls here....I wanted to gauge some reactions :D 

We want something quirky, happy and upbeat! Most of them are pretty well known songs, with the acception of one or two (like the last option or the song from The Muppets).

So, pick the song that you think would be the best fit for a recessional song. 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: WR Poll: Help Me Decide on a Recessional Song!

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I picked Queens because without knowing if there is any significance to you as a couple the other songs sound out of place to me.
  • I voted for Queen as well.  I think it would work the best unless any of the other songs have some special meaning,

Anniversary

• I voted Queen! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope, none of the songs have a special meaning. They're just all really great songs and we love them all. I mean, we chose them for their own reasons ... Queen and Pink are both awesome; we love the Muppets; "500 Miles" reminds of both Doctor Who and How I Met Your Mother; "Edge of Glory" is my favorite Lady Gaga song; "I Melt With You" reminds us of The Wedding Singer, one of our favorite movies; and the Cab was one of the first bands we saw together. It's a muddled mix of just songs we like and what we think will sound good. 

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • I voted "500 Miles" because it's my favorite of all of them. But honestly, I can't really picture any of them as a recessional song.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-poll-help-me-decide-on-a-recessional-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8cc024b-e183-417e-af54-20f4fa03f661Post:3bcaa36e-4e57-4016-ab51-9c8f3d15c105">Re: WR Poll: Help Me Decide on a Recessional Song!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted "500 Miles" because it's my favorite of all of them. But honestly, I can't really picture any of them as a recessional song.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>We didn't want anything that was a "traditional" recessional song, or a sappy love song, and we wanted something fun and lighthearted. Plus the words are more important than anything -for example, "When I wake up/Well I know I'm gonna be/I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you". Doesn't that kind of make you go "aww"? LOL</div>

• OMG The Proclaimers for SURE.

You will effectively get that song stuck in all of your guests' heads for days.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-poll-help-me-decide-on-a-recessional-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8cc024b-e183-417e-af54-20f4fa03f661Post:1ede59e3-894a-4843-bffc-16c4917f744b">Re: WR Poll: Help Me Decide on a Recessional Song!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WR Poll: Help Me Decide on a Recessional Song! : We didn't want anything that was a "traditional" recessional song, or a sappy love song, and we wanted something fun and lighthearted. Plus the words are more important than anything -for example,<strong> "When I wake up/Well I know I'm gonna be/I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you"</strong>. Doesn't that kind of make you go "aww"? LOL
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Haha...that song is going to be stuck in my head just from reading that!

• I voted for pink. Mainly because I just really effing love that song
  • "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" is one of my favorites!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love the Pink song, but I used that for the last song of the reception, which totally rocked. I voted for I'll melt with you. Just so you know, I didn't hear one single note of our recessional, so don't stress too much about it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• OMG, I love the idea of doing a Muppet recessional. That just made my morning.
  • I voted for Queen....love that song.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    My criteria for a recessional was one that immediately was upbeat without there being a huge intro or anything like that. Ours was Chelsea Dagger. . . my MOH's was You Make Me Feel So Young. So, what I'm trying to say is whatever song starts out right away would be best in my mind. With that in mind, I think the Queen song or the Proclaimers song. 

ETA: I realize Chelsea Dagger has a bit of an intro, looking back, but it is the Chicago Blackhawks song, so for most of our guests was instantly recognizable. 

Wow, I'm chatty today. Sorry Bside :) 
  • I voted The Proclaimers because of HIMYM.  "I am never going to get sick of this song! Never ever ever!"

Plus the lyrics are cute. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards