Jewish Weddings

Ketubah Hunt

I've been looking for a ketubah for my wedding and I have found one on Ketubah.com  however I've heard from someone that the quality was not very good. If anyone has any suggestions or if this is a good site it would be appreciated!

Re: Ketubah Hunt

• The sisterhood shop at our shul only sells ketubot by one of the artists on ketubah.com, and they're lovely.  Maybe if you buy one of the budget ones the quality isn't as good?  Does your synagogue have a shop?  If not, maybe there's a Judaica shop somewhat near you that sells them.  If so, you could try going to one of the stores to see ketubot in person and find out about the quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Our rabbi recommended ketubah.com Maybe it's their lower end paper that isn't good quality? We went with the mid-level paper. When it arrives, I can let you know how it feels.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    If you can get to a shop--maybe a synagogue gift shop or Jewish bookstore--that has samples of the artist's work, that may help.  There were ketubot we really liked when we saw pictures online, that we were much less fond of when we saw them in person.  Conversely, we found our gorgeous one at a Jewish bookstore, although we ended up ordering it directly from the artist so that we could get custom text.

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I got mine at www.ketubahsandmore.com and was very pleased with the quality and price!  Here's a pic of it:

• Both my sister and me ordered our Ketubahs from Ketubah.com and they are both beautiful and high quality. The service was wonderful and they even gave us a special pen for signing with a peice of the special paper so we could practice our signatures in advance. We chose a stunning frame for the ketubah and it is a complete piece of art! I also asked for a change in the layout of the text to accomodate for 2 more signature lines and it was done perfectly.

I have also seen ketubahs in person from ketubah-gallery.com that were beautiful.
  • cigallcigall member
    First Comment
    I searched online to get ideas and then ultimately ordered mine from a Judaica shop in NYC - Levine Bookstore.  You can also find a great selection of unique ketubahs and artists on http://www.mazelmoments.com. Mazel tov on your upcoming wedding!
  • I got mine from thisisnotaketubah.com and was really pleased with it.  If you're looking for something a bit unusual or less traditional, they're a very good choice and not too expensive.
  • Ours was a gift from a family friend who does it professionally. He is Israeli, so we actually wrote our Ketubah text ourselves and he translated it. He also was able to work in things that were meaningful to us (my husband proposed at Buckingham Fountain which is the picture at the bottom).

I don't know his prices since it was a gift to us. Here is a link to his facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/JewishArtwork

Anniversary image
  • Do you know what size and paper youand your sister choose?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_ketubah-hunt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:f5fde4fb-b686-4b62-85f6-06b66635437bPost:e0073530-7953-4a21-9384-4d088080ab94">Re: Ketubah Hunt</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both my sister and me ordered our Ketubahs from Ketubah.com and they are both beautiful and high quality. The service was wonderful and they even gave us a special pen for signing with a peice of the special paper so we could practice our signatures in advance. We chose a stunning frame for the ketubah and it is a complete piece of art! I also asked for a change in the layout of the text to accomodate for 2 more signature lines and it was done perfectly. I have also seen ketubahs in person from ketubah-gallery.com that were beautiful.
    Posted by samaram[/QUOTE]
  • My ketubah arrived a couple days ago, from ketubah.com. It's beautiful! Paper quality is nice. I'm very happy with it. I didn't get this free pen that Samaram and her sister did...maybe that only comes with the larger sizes, or with certain artists?
  • My sister ordered this one:http://www.ketubah.com/ketubah-gallery/product-details/index.cfm/id/3908/Signature-Collection/Michelle-Rummel/BashertMeant-To-Be

I am not sure what size she got but I am guessing the Classic.

I ordered this one: http://www.ketubah.com/ketubah-gallery/product-details/index.cfm/id/4921/Search/Ruth-Stern-Warzecha/Gefen-Papercut---Spring

This does not have size options. It does not seem that big when you first look at it but with the matting and the frame it is quite large and definitely a stand alone piece of artwork. We are so excited to hang it on our wall! My sister did not receive a pen either but she got married 3 years ago so I thought maybe it was something new?
  • We bought the same ketubah as your sister! How funny! That might explain the pen thing though, it might just be the artist you used.
  • After reading all the posts here and checking out the websites I was so overwhelmed with the beauty, details and meaning of some ot these it was harder and harder to decide.  I finally went to a Judaica shop in Highland Park, NJ about 10 minutes from where I live with a large Jewish community so I could see them in person.  It made such a difference.  I could not see all the detail online.  Anyway we ended up buying a papercut Ketubah there, they gave us a discount and was actually cheaper than online.  This is the one we got.  The picture does not do justice to the papercut detail.  I saw many of the Ketubah from Ketubah.com that also looked lovely in person.
    Leaves of Love Ketubah by Danny Azoulay Bought it yesterday and it is just gorgeous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Ketubah Hunt:
    As a customer and employee of Ketubah.com, I can say that our ketubot are of the highest quality and that the paper used is 100% cotton rag, acid free, archival paper.  All of the Signature Collection designs are printed in-house and we have received very positive feedback and testimonials as far as paper quality, variety of sizes and ease of ordering.  These designs are also available on beautiful canvas, stretched or rolled.  There is some variety in paper based on which artists' work is ordered as many of our artists print and ship directly from their studios, but we only work with reputable artists whose paper we have approved.  Only a small handful of designs are still the original lithographs we were selling 15 years ago (I believe there are 2 and they are hardly ever ordered) and these may be seen as having a less than highest quality paper, but if you call customer service before you order and ask us about the particular designs you are interested in, we will give you honest answers about the ketubah colors, paper, sizes, etc.  I have personally ordered at least 10 ketubahs over the 10 years I have worked for Ketubah.com (for myself and for family/friends) and have been extremely happy with the final products. 
  • I saw some amazing ones on Etsy.Just do a search for Ketubahs. I am going to be ordering ours from an artist in Israel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards