California-San Diego

Where to get married?

Where is a good place to get married in Sandiego on  a budget?
-Erin

Re: Where to get married?

• edited December 2011
    It is a tiny bit hard to recommend some places without knowing your budget and what you are hoping to spend on each area, but I'll give it a shot. 

* A military base if you can get someone to sponsor you.  By far the least expensive way to have a location and feed your guests.

* Paradise Gardens.  I don't know what your budget is, but they are pretty all inclusive.  www.paradisegardens.com

* La Jolla Bridge Club.  www.lajollacovebridgeclub.org Must bring in vendors.

* www.thethursdayclub.org Must bring in vendors

These locations are assuming that you are having an average-ish sized wedding and that your budget isn't super, super tight.  Its a little hard not knowing what your budget is, as what is workable to one person might not be to another.

If you are a super tight budget and are having a small wedding, then getting a permit at one of the many parks for the ceremony, and having the reception at a restaurant might be the way to go.

Here are some vendors that I highly recommend....again, not knowing your budget.  They are fairly priced for their experience and quality.

Photography:  Unveiled Wedding Photography   www.unveiledwedding.com

Videography:  Ashley Video, www.ashleyweddingvideography.com

Table/linen rental:  Flowers by Azhar   (619)-579-9300

Flowers:  Posies (858) 693-7673 shop
                      http://leighsposies.blogspot.com

Cake:  You can find cheaper, but these are from scratch and so good. 
                For The Love Of Cake
                Laurie O'Brien
                760-741-4000

Caterer:  Wild Thyme Company thewildthymecompany.com

DJ:  Mobile Music Plus.  www.mobilemusicplus.com Jonny Dupre

Congratulations and good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Marina Village is another option.....www.marinavillage.net/seprices.html....it is a conference center on the bay....multiple rooms at varying prices and sizes.

The Coronado Community Center is another option.....www.coronado.ca.us/department/division.php?fDD=13-158. Just across the island is the Hotel Del which is great for photos, and you could get married on the beach too....

Both are bring your own vendors.

And I forgot to mention my hair and make up person I'd recommend...  Looks by Lynzy.  looksbylnz@gmail.com

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for the info. :)
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are some great suggestions mentioned above. Also check out the ZLAC rowing club on Mission Bay. It's pretty inexpensive and they offer choices for different caterers in different budgets. And you can have your ceremony on the sand there if you'd like. It's also close by for guests to stay somewhere like the Catamaran.
  • edited December 2011
    If you choose a venue where you can bring in your own vendors I highly recommend:  

1. Crown Point Catering http://www.crownpointcatering.com/
    2. Florabella www.florabella.com

I was on a budget like everyone probably and I was lucky that all of our vendors did an amazing job.  One tip is that you need to be up front about your budget.  If they ask you directly you can tell them what you need (i.e. cost per person for food) to make it work, they will usually find a way to work with you.

I just got married at the Thursday Club and think it is one of the best venues in San Diego.  Not the cheapest site we looked at though but no regrets :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker width="180px">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards