Snarky Brides

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Top of the mornin'!

First, I hope everyone has an awesome St. Patrick's Day!! If you're drinking the green beer, please be safe!

I wont be drinking any green beer today (for the first year in like 4 years). Instead, Ill be doing laundry, cleaning up the house a little & reading Bared to You. I am using Irish Creme coffee creamer in my coffee this morning :] & I will be having corn beed and cabbage! I could eat that stuff once a week.

What is everyone else doing?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• Morning Sierra! FI is working it of town all week, so we're having a couple-y day before he leaves. I think we're going to go out for breakfast and then head downtown for the National Home Show/Canada Blooms show. They have all these beautiful designer gardens they set up, it's a great place to get ideas! I really miss being able to drink real beer! I was a Guiness girl all the way! We're probably just staying in tonight, the bars/pubs get a little too busy/rowdy for me! Have a great day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Happy St. Pat's!   I thought I was going to a friend's today, but she either changed her plans or decided not to invite me after all b/c I haven't heard anything since she first mentioned it 2 weeks ago. It's just as well. I have some things around the house I should really get done instead. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi ladies! We are going to a St Patty's parade this evening with FI GM and his wife. We may try to go on a bike ride today.
  • Good morning! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one without exciting St. Paddy's Day plans. I need to wash a mountain of laundry and do some straightening up. I may go to the gym later, but I haven't decided yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-st-patricks-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65a1c164-e557-4db3-97fb-e804b5113dbbPost:e01a9f1a-cb44-45e0-b9c2-7f2ff540b507">Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!<strong> I'm glad to see I'm not the only one without exciting St. Paddy's Day plans.</strong> I need to wash a mountain of laundry and do some straightening up. I may go to the gym later, but I haven't decided yet.
    Posted by efmcc67[/QUOTE]

Me too!! My facebook news feed is filled with pics of being being crazy already (its 11am!) Im glad I have these boards as a safe haven from that madness.

ETA: Angel...that sounds awesome!! I am planning on starting a small garden and planting some flowers this year, for the first time. We finally moved out of an apartment complex and into a small house, so I have a little yard. I am just going to do a small garden. And I want to look into getting some window boxes to put flowers in, away from all the critters. Ive been getting ideas from Pinterest.

Addie...sorry your plans fell through!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning and Happy St. Patty's day to you as well Sierra Smile. Today is going to be filled with errands and cooking for me til around 2ish and then it is off to take my goodies to my future MIL's St. Patty's day party... I do not know if there is going to be green beer but I do not plan to drink as I have a morning appointment to keep and a skin care consultation with a bride whose make up I am doing in June for her wedding...  I think that I am going to be pretty swamped but hopefully not too bad... I should be able to find some time to myself later tonight after the party
  • Lasagne here for St Patrick's Day.  My son is the only one remotely Irish on his dad's side.  But this IS Chicago so everyone is Chirish :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-st-patricks-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65a1c164-e557-4db3-97fb-e804b5113dbbPost:7cf69f3e-6332-489f-aa3d-5d58fdc6101a">Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy St Patricks day!!! DH & I are going to see George Strait & Martina McBride at the Houston Rodeo tonight. Woohoooooo!
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

SO jealous Kristen! That sounds awesome!!!!! I can't wait for summer and some awesome country concerts up here! We bought tickets for Boots and Hearts which is a 3 day concert, so far they've booked: Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Miranda Lambert, The Band Perry and a whole bunch more. Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Afternoon ladies, and happy St. Pats! No green beer here either... Just got off a flight to Ottawa! My learning of the day... St Patrick wasn't actually born Irish! He was captured as a slave by pirates and brought to Ireland. Hard to believe I got through 27 years of St Pats day and never knew that...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards