April 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Timeline

Hey everyone!

I wanted to see if any of you had a wedding timeline template...my wedding is at 4 pm.  I am meeting with my wedding coordinator this weekend and she wants a rough draft and I am completely stuck and overwhelmed.  

I can only afford a Day of Coordinator so she wants to get mostly everything done in our meeting because I won't be meeting with her again till right before the wedding.

Any thoughts or help would be awesome!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Timeline

• Options
    My ceremony is at 4:30 and this is my schedule... 7 am, wake up, have breakfast, by 12 noon we will all have hair and makeup finished so backtrack however many hours it takes for a start time, probably around 8 am. Photog arrives at 12, starts taking photos of me and bridal party and my parents. 1 pm, groomsmen go over to church once the preschool lets out and arranges the chairs and puts toys away etc for the ceremony, they come back, photog takes their groomsmen and parent photos. 3:30 pm we go to church, limo goes back and gets the guys. 4:30 pm ceremony starts. 5 it ends hopefully. It takes 50 minutes to get to the reception, I know, I know, it's long. Guests can go check into hotel then take shuttle to cocktail hour at 6;30. Reception starts at 7:30. So me and my FI will have from 5 to 7:30 to take our photos and get to the reception. A work in progress, but that's the general idea
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here is the tenative schedule for my day as of now.  We are having our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in the same facility so there is no traveling between events, just different rooms.  I'm also keeping a very small 'formal' photo time (about 20 min), I really just want the documentary/candid photos.

9:00 - 10:30 - Final decorating at Ceremony & Reception space
    11:00 - 12:30 - Hair
    1:00 - Make up
    2:00 - Arrive at venue to put dress on
    3:30 - Ceremony
    4:00 - Ceremony Ends - Release Guests
    4:00 -  5:00 - Cocktail Hour (our venues are all in one spot)
    We will do photos during cocktail hour
    5:00 - Announced, toasts, dinner then dancing
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    9:00 Wakeup breakfast with FI 
    10:00 Pick up lunch/snacks for everyone
    11:30 Show up at hotel room
    12:00 Hair/makeup artist arrives
    3:00ish Photographer arrives for getting ready photos 
    4:00 Joint photos
    5:15 Ceremony starts immediately followed by reception
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Here's my day!

Morning: Set up reception site
    Have hair and makeup done by 1 pm.
    2:30 get to ceremony/reception site; set up ceremony chairs and such
    3:00-4:00 before ceremony pictures (first look, bridal party, family, etc.)
    3:30-4:00 shuttle will take guests from hotel to ceremony/reception site
    4:30 ceremony begins
    5:00 ceremony ends/take a few "married" B&G pictures
    5:30 announce B&G as couple/start dismissing tables for dinner
    6:30 first dances/tosses/money dance (I KNOW! Haha)
    7:00 photographer leaves and the REAL party begins!!! WHAT? WHAT?! Haha.
    11:00 Karaoke hour starts!!!!!
    12:00 Reception is over :(

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    So far...

Get cake and drop off at reception site and decorate site as well
    Hair at the stylist place at 11:30ish
    Makeup after hair is done, at home
    (bridesmaids will be at my place by then- they are doing their own hair/makeup)
    Have some light lunch
    Head to church at about 2:30
    Take pictures with my side of the family and bridesmaids
    Groom take pics with his side of family and groomsmen
    Ceremony starts at 4:30- done by 5
    We take the combined pics, then head to restaurant at about 5:30
    We take more couple pics, while family/wedding party has apps/drinks inside (wedding is only 15 people)
    Dinner starts at about 6:15ish
    cake at about 7:15ish
    get some sunset pictures
    mingle and everyone heads home

Ohhh.. the small wedding- how simple you look when I write it out lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    you guys are awesome!! Thanks!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe some of you have timelines already!!! FI and I meet with our photographer 45 days out for our in depth meeting. There we come up with a day of schedule :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My Day-of coordinator will come up with our timeline and I'm going to review it and note anything that I think should be tweaked.  It was definitely a relief putting this job in someone else's hands :-)
  • Options
    My day of coordinator sent me a template.  She filled in most of it, but, told me to keep it updated as we finalize more stuff...

One thing I am frustrated with is hair/make up timeline.  4 girls plus me (5 total) for hair and only me and my mom for make up for a 1pm ceremony leaves me thinking i need to have hair for the girls starting at 7am!  (sigh)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    WOW well done ladies, you certainly have a great Wedding day timeline- and all the important things seem to be covered. The one thing that took extra time on my wedding day was our photo shoot- why? -Not sure maybe the excessive heat of the day slowed everything down. In any case, adding an extra 10 - 20 mins time to some of your time line items may help you from being rushed. 
    Wishing you the most glorious and memorable wedding day,
    Nomiki
    PS: If you either don’t know where to start planning your wedding or you have started and you are already feeling overwhelmed by the enormity of the project or confused because of too many choices out there, then I'd love to share this with you... I have created a special Wedding Checklist called the Wedding Checklist Formula -currently available from http://www.WeddingChecklistFormula.com for free- It contains a blueprint for the most important items on your wedding checklist and it saves you from stress, confusion and overwhelm in planning a successful wedding. 
    Warmest wishes, Nomiki.
     WeddingChecklistFormula.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards