New Jersey
Options

PSA: voting in NJ

I heard this on 101.5 yesterday, tried it, and it works.

If you are in an area affected by Hurricane Sandy, text Where to 877877. You will get a response prompting you to reply with your home address. Then you will get a response with the location of your polling place. For my mom's town it came back with an alternate location since the original is not accessible due to fallen trees and power lines.

Happy Election Day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: PSA: voting in NJ

• Options
    I also heard on the news this morning that, anyone affected by Sandy, can vote at any polling place in the state of NJ.  So, if people are staying with relatives or friends, they don't have to travel back to a local polling place.  HTH. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_psa-voting-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0e5077e1-b496-49e1-a916-735e4ee9b5aePost:992cf940-219f-46b0-8834-b8a72efe6a2d">Re: PSA: voting in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I also heard on the news this morning that, anyone affected by Sandy, can vote at any polling place in the state of NJ.</strong>  So, if people are staying with relatives or friends, they don't have to travel back to a local polling place.  HTH. 
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

FYI - If you don't vote at your polling location, this will be provisional voting.  You will be able to vote for president and US senate, but not state elections.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards