Catholic Weddings

Is your priest attending the reception?

We got the RSVP from our priest today and he's coming to our reception. We know him a little bit, but we lived out of state this year, and since I'm sure he gets invited to tons of weddings, I didn't think he's accept. I like him and I'm glad he's coming, but I was wondering how many other people had their priest accept?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is your priest attending the reception?

• lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I suspect that he'll come to mine, but I don't know for sure. 

I've heard him tell other brides to not save him a seat or provide a meal, that he prefers to just walk around the tables and chat with people during dinner. (He's not a normal priest--in a very  good sense.)
    Anniversary
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours came.  He was seated with other guests he knew from Church.  And?  He danced quite a bit :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, our priest and deacon & his wife both attended the reception. However, they were a bit later b/c they the Saturday evening vigil Mass to say.
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes our priest will be there...I dunno if my vote counts since I'm related to him! :)
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ours was invited, we had planned to seat him at my mothers table whuch was next to ours.  however, he had to do a baptism after our wedding so he was unable to come.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My pastor couldn't come.  That guy is always super busy.  H's uncle did attend, but he traveled out for our wedding, so that was expected.  He said the opening blessing at dinner, and he salsa'd with his sister.  Obviously, he sat at a family table.  Had my pastor been able to attend, he would have sat at the same table as H's uncle, per my seating chart.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is coming, but he is a good friend (FI worked with him previously, and we both got to know him well during that time).  We'll seat him with people he knows and will enjoy sitting with. That is actually a fair number of people, so we'll place him, in that sense, like any other guest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are inviting at least two priests in addition to the one celebrating our marriage.  I am pretty sure at least one of them is coming.  =)
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Our priest is coming. It was important to us. He will be saying the blessing before dinner. He seems excited about it. He also didn't have any schedule conflicts though.
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our priest is attending, but he's been my fiance's close friend since they were six (we attended his ordination last spring), so it's a little different. He also went to the bachelor party (the tamer parts in the afternoon), and will be riding in the limo with the wedding party. :)
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ours is coming.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ours came, and he sat with my parents & friends & family.   He's a friend of my parents, and my mom's best friend's cousin. My mom actually was his babysitter!!  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is a friend, so he is definitely welcome and is coming.
  • edited December 2011
    Our families wouldn't see it any other way than to have the man who helped us prepare for this sacrament present at our reception. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards