Texas-San Antonio
Options

Has anyone used this photography company?

At a bridal extravaganza I came across a photog company called The Photography Shoppe. They are a fairly large company with locations in san antonio, austin, houston, dallas, and extending into other states.

They offer packages with lots of things included at very reasonable prices. We met with the manager of the austin/SA location and we were impressed with what we saw and heard so we paid out deposit and booked. Recently I have been calling and emailing to get ahold of them to schedule our engagement session to zero response back in about 3 weeks.

Recently I have also read some reviews on them. And while I do expect problems to arise with any photographer at some point with someone, I've read some reviews that can be alarming...such as severe lack of communication (which is one stressor us brides do NOT need), and even things as far as not getting products in packages and having to get lawyers involved to get the company's main office moving to provide them.

I'm wondering if maybe it's too good to be true?
Has anyone on these boards used The Photography Shoppe and had either a good or bad experience. Or does anyone know someone who went them and had any sort of memorable for good or bad that they could share with me?

My family and I are considering dropping the contract and just eating the deposit (UGH!) but I'd rather be happy then hiring lawyers after the wedding.
Mistake learned...ALWAYS check reviews on boards and such before contracting and booking. Undecided

Re: Has anyone used this photography company?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a few people on here has had bad experiences also. Read the post below about the wedding show. It has a comment about them.
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KnJ2011: I sent you a private message.
  • Options
    KnJ2011KnJ2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geminagi,

I just checked my PM's and didn't have anything :(

I am so eager to hear what you have to say. I tried to private message you back with my email address so you can contact me on there if you don't mind!! Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have a bad reputation, Another Knottie had a bad experience with them.
    I would cancel the contract and look for someone else.
    Sorry to hear what happened!Frown
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • Options
    birdy29birdy29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted a message on the Austin board just now about them -- check it out. Seriously thinking about letting them go, too. Had a billing problem with them -- charged a late fee twice for a bill that was paid early -- and no communication until threat of legal action...ugh. I should have done more research.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just posted this on the Mod board for Annie to see. The knot needs to stop advertising them, but I would back out. There are too many other good photographers out there.
  • Options
    birdy29birdy29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an update -- I ended up backing out. After everything, it was very obvious they didn't want to work with us anymore...which isn't really a good move for a business either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards