Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Super Oily Brides!

What foundation did you/do you plan to wear on your wedding? My skin eats my foundation, and makes even mineral powder look like cake icing!

Re: Super Oily Brides!

• Options
    Have you tried using a shine controller before applying your foundation?  I have really oily skin, and something inexpensive that works well for me is to use Monistat chafing gel. I know that sounds crazy, but I read it on a beauty website years ago, and it really works. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    How does it photograph though?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_super-oily-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:ed7d2bb8-e08d-4565-8eda-c57577886e6cPost:9384a390-c86b-484b-84c1-7b003a312af3">Re: Super Oily Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried using a shine controller before applying your foundation?  I have really oily skin, and something inexpensive that works well for me is to use Monistat chafing gel. I know that sounds crazy, but I read it on a beauty website years ago, and it really works. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<div>This! The chafing gel is great - I don't notice any difference in photographs - it goes on completely transparent. </div>
  • Options
    Have you heard of Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Foundation? That is what I'm using--it is great on oilier gals and gives a beautiful matte/powdery finish without being too dull.  They sell it at Sephora.  It applieds nicely with a flocked sponge or a traditional foundation brush.  Try to apply primer for oily skinned gals first--smashbox makes a "light" primer for oily skinned gals, but there are others (also sold at sephora).  Just make sure you get the right color foundation--go get color matched if you are near a sephora.  I am having the makeup artist apply the makeup forever mat velvet on me instead of regular airbrush (I looked shiny an hour later ugh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards