Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony location...free park?

So, my fiancé and I are not very traditional, and we are having a very small ceremony (25 of our closest family and friends). We plan on spending maybe 30 minutes from walk down to over. It has to be outside (we're getting married in the fall), so my question is: Is it really necessary to spend $500+ on a wedding permit for one of minneapolis public parks, or can we just show up and put some lawn chairs down and say I do for free?? Our reception is at a different site, and that's what we are spending all of our time and money at. Any and all help would be awesome!!

Re: Ceremony location...free park?

• You should put XP infront of your post when you post the same thing on multiple boards.  It means it's a cross post.
  • What would you do if you didn't spend the $500 and a police officer walked up to you guys in the middle of your ceremony and wrote you a citation?

I would die of humiliation. The $500 would be worth the assurance of that not happening, to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would call the city and ask if there are any parks that don't require a permit. It's possible some of the smaller ones don't require a permit, but it's best to ask because as PP said, it would be horrifying to be issued a citation in the middle of the ceremony. 

On a side note, I'm originally from Minneapolis, and I'm not sure I would want to get married in one of the parks because they are always so busy. Definitely be prepared for a lot of gawkers. The logistics of setting up a space might be a little tough too unless you can find one with an open area that is rarely used. 
  • Honestly is $500 worth a life time of humiliation?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards