Idaho

New Idaho Bride

Idaho brides, I need your help. I am from Colorado and we are trying to plan a wedding in Idaho for next summer. I need a pretty (simple) outdoor ceremony site. However, I am looking for a place that allows outside catering and outside alcohol. Or at least provcides affordable options (NOT $60 per person). Also I need a location that doesnt shut off music at 10pm.
I have looked at the Rose Room and the Adelman Event Center. Does anyone have any comments on these two?
Also, I have seen pictures of weddings in front of the capitol building, has any one been to a ceremony at the capitol?

Re: New Idaho Bride

• A friend of mine is getting married at the Boise Train Depot, I have no idea how much it cost/details but you might want to check it out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012

Rose room is a standard classic i don't know pricing but i've been to events there and it's always lovely but i prefer the Adelman building it's lovely. What month are you getting married?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_new-idaho-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:78Discussion:848b315e-7f47-4485-96c1-ea21cb1a23f2Post:83f44de2-938e-491a-8e16-14b8a509fbc4">New Idaho Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]Idaho brides, I need your help. I am from Colorado and we are trying to plan a wedding in Idaho for next summer. I need a pretty (simple) outdoor ceremony site. However, I am looking for a place that allows outside catering and outside alcohol. Or at least provcides affordable options (NOT $60 per person). Also I need a location that doesnt shut off music at 10pm. I have looked at the Rose Room and the Adelman Event Center. Does anyone have any comments on these two? Also, I have seen pictures of weddings in front of the capitol building, has any one been to a ceremony at the capitol?
    Posted by jjnevarez49[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm getting married at the Adelmann, and they definitely do not allow outside food, drinks, and catering at all, not even if you pay a fee. Also, their prices are kind of outrageous (more expensive then nearly every restraunt in the area). The only outside thing they allow are deserts. I've actually heard some really nasty things about them... I went with them anyways because a family member did some of the interior carpentry (so emotional significance), they were one of the few indoor venues that would allow me to bring in outside desert (bridesmaid is making me "wedding cupcakes" as a gift), and they come with a really nice fully stocked bar (my fi and I both need alcohol to deal with our families... lmao).

As far as the nasty things I heard: A friend of mine was holding an art exhibit with some students at BSU, and had rented it out a few months in advance. Someone else came in and offered the Adelmann more money if they could take the date my friend had reserved. The Adelmann didn't tell them about it until a few days before the exhibit, and then they had to fight to get their money back. That's the worst I've heard, and the only time I've ever heard of something that bad happening.</div><div>
    </div><div>Outside of that, I've heard complaints about the food. It's not really a problem for me, as I'm having a "cocktail" style wedding, and just providing appetizers... but yeah, if you're wanting to do a nice meal it's definitely not the best place.</div><div>
    </div><div>They also have all of these hidden catches, as the building is a historical site (you need special insurance, and what not).</div><div>
    </div><div>I've only been to the Rose Room for concerts and similar events, so I have no idea as to their food/drink policies. I imagine they're somewhat similar to the Adelmann (they have a fully stocked bar too, which usually means there's a fee associated with the alcohol). It's definitely not a bad looking venue, though I prefer the look of the Adelmann.</div><div>
    You should check out the Linen Building. I've heard really good things about it. The interior is really sparse, and needs a lot of decor, but other than that it seems like a good reception venue. I know they allow outside catering with a fee (I think it's around $500? O.o).</div><div>
    </div><div>I hope that helps. Good luck. :)</div>
    Don't mind me... I haven't slept since last Wednesday.
  • Any outdoor site will stop noise at 10pm... Law in ADA county
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards