Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Intimate ceremony and reception, Please help!?!

So, after months of debate and planning, my fiance and I decided to have an intimate wedding and reception this summer. We're hoping to have the ceremony outdoors and the "reception" at a small venue or even a really nice restaurant.  Here's my problem, I'm looking for an outdoor venue that also has an indoor back up.  Or a nice outdoor venue and a nice, small, non-church indoor back up.  The reception venue only needs to hold 25 people at most and I'm not planning on a dj or anything extensive.  If anyone has any suggestions, maybe a nice place where you had the rehersal dinner or a cute outdoor venue you came across in the Cleveland area, I'd appreciate it.  I was looking into the Rockefeller Greenhouse, so if you have any input on that place I would love to hear about it.  I will be sure to post where we decide for anyone else looking to do the same thing!  Thanks for all your help!!

Re: Intimate ceremony and reception, Please help!?!

• Options
    cpauknercpaukner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What side of town are you looking for east or west?

• Options
    JenLeeSJenLeeS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our ceremony at the Hungarian Cultural Garden, just down the street from the Rockefeller Greenhouse. If you're on the west side, you could do the Nicholson House in Lakewood. It's an old historic house with a cute yard for the ceremony and you can use the house for your dinner. Also, I know of someone who did ceremony and reception at Ponte Vecchio on the Superior Viaduct, if you don't mind the actual wedding being in the restaurant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at the Metroparks, on the North Chagrin Reservation, they have the Oak and Buckeye shelters, that are completely enclosed and have fireplaces, electricity and running water.  You could rent the space ($350 for BOTH, I think the larger was $200 and held 90 people while the other held 45) and use the outdoor area, while still having the enlocsed area as a backup.  It has ample parking, though the bathrooms are in buildings outside, the toilets are the chemical kind and don't flush.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards