Ohio-Columbus

Weekly Checks!

What did you get done last week and what are you planning on getting done this week?

Here's my list:
Paid off the Florist
Ordered Stamps
Started gathering Addresses for STD's
Scheduled the e-session
Bought *THE DRESS*
Found *BM DRESSES*
Ordered some odds and ends
Found *cute* blue shoes!
In the process of selling my other veil to order my new one!
Ordered *ivory* table cloths
Scheduled our Rehearsal Dinner
Sent an email to rent *The Ohio State University's* Football Stadium for e-pics!
Decided where to have e-pics done (around OSU) campus
And, realized, above all else...
I DON'T CARE about any of the things above as much as I care about FI!

Re: Weekly Checks!

• edited December 2011
    Yay for you!!!! And I love the last part... totally agree. I sometimes get so stressed that I forget that I will be united with the man I love and that is the most important thing! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our weekly check is that we are deciding to get eloped and have a reception in our backyard. 

My FI just lost his job and he does not know when he can get a new one, he is looking, but you know the job market. We also just would prefer to spend our money on a new home. 

We are considering doing September 2012 or early spring 2013, but have not decided yet. Lots more planning in the works. 
  • edited December 2011
    Tiffany, so sorry to hear about FI job loss! :( I am sure he will find something. I just found a job. I went through a staffing agency and they were great. That might be something to check out! My FI and I have considered eloping (but not really seriously). I am getting sick of writing huge checks to companies LOL My car and more could've been paid off by now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah we were talking with my friend on our vacation and we just decided that for us a house is more important than having a large wedding with people that we don't even know. (for us it is all or nothing) and thank goodness for my friend because now our income is cut, and I was sick with pneumonia for a week, so my check is going to suck and my FI doesn't have a check. So tough times... but on the plus side, it is day 1 of the job hunt and he already has 2 interviews lined up!!! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    tiffany-
    Sorry about the rough times. Yay for eloping. Boo for job loss. Yay for new interviews! Boo for sickness.

• amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany you can totally elope...11/11/11 is coming up! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    let's see... what have I done this week? we got our first wedding present lol.

To do: I need to call RD site and verify all is ok...

I need to get more organized as to when final payment are due! a lot of them are coming up next month =x

aaand... need to figure out where the money is coming from for everything haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_weekly-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:e95530e6-1b61-47d4-9dfe-dbe279008876Post:c8ef669c-ad43-4f34-9e64-56b8e0ccc618">Re: Weekly Checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]let's see... what have I done this week? we got our first wedding present lol. To do: I need to call RD site and verify all is ok... I need to get more organized as to when final payment are due! a lot of them are coming up next month =x <strong>aaand... need to figure out where the money is coming from for everything haha</strong>
    Posted by katy0293[/QUOTE]

<div>Amen! I am paying everything off now. More money to save later.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, GAPeach! You've accomplished so much already! This makes me feel behind, but i guess i do have 11 months still. Last week I sent in the deposit on our venue (which includes the ceremony and reception space, linens and catering) and met with one DJ via a phone consultation. I have been emailing other DJs and photographers like crazy. I have a meeting setting up with a photographer and later a DJ this Wednesday. I'm hopeful that i'll be able to lock down the DJ at least this week. I emailed my first florist yesterday, but not really sure where to start there.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_weekly-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:e95530e6-1b61-47d4-9dfe-dbe279008876Post:418d4009-2c1c-4e41-87da-2cf5e6a32676">Re: Weekly Checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, GAPeach! You've accomplished so much already! This makes me feel behind, but i guess i do have 11 months still. Last week I sent in the deposit on our venue (which includes the ceremony and reception space, linens and catering) and met with one DJ via a phone consultation. I have been emailing other DJs and photographers like crazy. I have a meeting setting up with a photographer and later a DJ this Wednesday. I'm hopeful that i'll be able to lock down the DJ at least this week. I emailed my first florist yesterday, but not really sure where to start there.  
    Posted by kdaywedding[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I did a lot of booking at 11 months. I booked my venue 13 months out. Then FI went to Germany for 3 weeks so I halted until he came back. I had almost everything booked at month 10.</div><div>Have you booked a photographer? If not, check out MNR photography.</div><div>Also, check out Enticing Icings and Custom Cakes. Tell Cindy I sent you!</div><div>PM me for more info!

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I have to second the enticing icings there! Cindy is A-MAZ-ING!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips, GAPeach! Since we took care of the DJ booking last night, now i'm moving full speed ahead on the photographer. I have several meetings with photogs set up for this weekend and early next week. It's a big of a challenge because I want really artsy/cool pics, but I'm not wanting to break the bank either! I'll check out MNR--thanks for the suggestion. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards