Wedding Party
Options

Bridal Party and day of the wedding

Our ceremony starts at 5 pm. We are going to the venue to take pictures and have a bridal party open bar before, at 3:30 pm. The guys will have a separate room than the girls so my fiance and I will not see each other before the ceremony, however the guys will do their pics on the golf course and then the girls will take their pics.

Question: Is it okay to have the girls meet me at my house at 2:30 pm, dressed and ready for the limo to take us to the venue? And the guys to meet at the hotel where my fiance will be for their limo to pick them up and take them to the venue a little earlier? I want to get ready with my sister and my mom, not with anyone else. Is that okay?

I am confused on transportation if someone can help me please, thanks!

Re: Bridal Party and day of the wedding

• Options
    You can get ready with anyone you want to. I don't really understand the transportation question. It sounds like you have that worked out. I am curious about this open bar for the WP before the ceremony. You want your WP getting liquored up before the ceremony? Not sure this is a good idea.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-and-day-of-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:bd90886e-fd70-4710-914a-85cb2c4ee226Post:cdd8eeca-c365-4ad4-9771-51c770baba86">Re: Bridal Party and day of the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sure, there are no rules for getting ready. I recommend not telling ANYONE other than mom where you're getting ready.  I had problems with OOT guests and sweet but clueless well-wishers dropping in to "just say hi before the ceremony" or "I came to see you get into your gown!"  I agee with the other lady about the open bar.  That's a bad idea, especially if you or the groom have loose-cannon friends.  Everybody needs to be sober and not feeling sick before the ceremony.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

We have discussed the open bar and we have done it at other family weddings. It never got out of hand and it gives us time to just hang out with our bridal party and have a toast, nothing crazy. It is food and drinks.

As far as my transportation question...we are blocking hotel rooms, some of our bridal party will be staying over night at the hotels, others will not. Our limos will provide transportation to our venue and from our venue back to the hotel. Should we have them bring their cars to the venue earlier in the day if they plan on leaving from the venue?

Thanks
  • Options
    What I'm doing for my situation...the guys are getting ready at the best man's house and I have the limo from 3-7pm.  At 3pm the limo will pick the guys up and head to the church.  I'll be picked up by 4pm at the hotel where I'm getting ready by the limo and be taken to the church with my girls.  I think it sounds like you're thinking of something similar...

And as for the open bar pre-wedding, it makes me cringe.  A bottle of champagne is plenty, I'd think.
  • Options
    I'd skip the open bar before the wedding.  Even if nobody in your family has had a problem with it before, I think it's just too risky before the ceremony.  Save it for the reception.

As for who should be there when you are getting ready, there aren't any rules, but I can understand that it could be a problem when people drop by when you're not ready.  I would simply not tell anyone whom you don't want to be present where you will be when you are getting ready.  I would also designate someone to head off visitors while you are getting ready but are not prepared to receive them.
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your thoughts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards