July 2013 Weddings

Why am i so excited?

okay all of you have a july wedding. Its over a year away. why do i feel like planning everything now? im not the kind of person to wait for anything. i like to do everything at once. So i should be this excited so early ?

Re: Why am i so excited?

• Of course you should! You are getting MARRIED!!! :) I feel the exact same way. Our wedding isn't until next summer, but we have already hired our wedding planner, picked out our colors, decided on a theme., and are searching for a venue.

If it makes you feel any better, my planner told me that even though it is a year and a half away, it is never too soon to start getting ideas. That way the closer things get, the more decisive you will be.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • You definitely should be excited, even though it's so far away!  Getting married is kind of a big deal!  And while you don't have to do everything right now, getting a head start on a lot of things is a good idea.  Just try to pace yourself so you don't get burned out!  I have a reception venue and a photographer and am working on ceremony site and guest list.  I'm letting myself do things in 2's right now so I don't get overwhelmed.  i.e. after those two, I think I'll work on registry and wedding dress :)
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm trying really hard to focus on one thing at a time so I don't get burnt out/make decisions too early that I regret by the time we get closer. 

Our venue is (almost) booked (including catering), and next I'm focusing on the photographer and DJ. I'm constantly collecting ideas for the little things though - some decor, centrepiece, and paper ideas. I'm not worrying about my dress or bridesmaids or anything until closer to the date.

It's easy to get overexcited, but I know I'll just stress myself out if I do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I've already got a dress and am looking for a venue.  Granted I'm still in school, and I need to have everything planned by next May, which is when I'll graduate.  It's never too early to start since the more you can get done now the less you have to stress about later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I'm a procrastinator typically so I plan on doing as much as I can while I'm feeling motivated :)  The more detailed planning I can do now the less I have to worry about later!  Also, this far out, if I start to get a bit burned out on everything wedding-related I have enough time that I can take a few weeks off from planning & projects and still have pleanty of time to finish them beforehand.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Honestly, I don't think we're planning too early.  When I booked our venue a month ago, they only had 4 dates left for the entire summer.  Wedding vendors can book quick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards