Wedding Woes

A has decided to fight...

She has been asking since Sunday when she can go home.  Her parents and Dr's sat down and had a chat with her.  They explained that if they remove the vent and send her home, she will die and quickly.  They said if she stays and they can get her strength up, she has a fighting chance at living longer.  How long?  Who knows? 

So she's fighting.  She wrote on her whiteboard, "Dieing (sic) is not an option." and put check boxes for 'yes' and 'no'.  (Forgive her spelling, she IS on drugs). 

So we'll see what happens.  Unfortunately for me, she doesn't want any visitors because she wants to rest.   So the earliest I may see her is next week. 

The journey continues.

Re: A has decided to fight...

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

good for her.  and i'm sure she looks forward to seeing you!

• edited December 2011
    That is a mightly good reason not to want to see you. I'm thinking of you guys. Try to get yourself some rest, too. You need your strength as well.
  • edited December 2011

She's amazing. So are you.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for her. She doesn't have to see you to know you're there for her 100%. You guys are both in my thoughts and prayers.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_decided-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9520009a-6dd7-4bc1-84cf-af756f61a393Post:77f0ca1f-8865-44f3-9bd0-2b20b1c3c8aa">Re: A has decided to fight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is a mightly good reason not to want to see you. I'm thinking of you guys. Try to get yourself some rest, too. You need your strength as well.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, I am in no way butt hurt about the 'no visitors' thing.  I totally get it.   And you know what, I'd rather see her when she can talk (which will be soon, hopefully).  Otherwise, I'm just staring at her and talking *at* her. 

All the other times she's been in the hospital, I've been able to talk to her.  I am sad that we can't even talk.  I'm missing that a LOT.  I've went to call her countless times in the last week.
  • edited December 2011
    That's great news.  I'm sure you'll be able to see her soon.  She sounds like an awesome person.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, she has an insanely strong spirit.  :)
  • notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great news...I was thinking about her and you this weekend.  Sending good energy for peace and strength for everyone.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's fantastic.  I'm sure she knows you are thinking of her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards