Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Zoo Wedding?

My wedding isnt until January 2014 but i was just researching some venues. One of the places that pulled up in my area was the zoo. At first i thought that wouldnt be my style but i read into it and maybe it could be. There were good reviews for it and its a cheaper than a lot of hte other places close by, at least that i've looked at so far. I also kind like the idea that people will have stuff to do while we are getting ready or taking pictures. I always hated how I was bored at weddings when I was younger, tho i havent really been to one as an adult... 

What do you guys think?
Photobucket
Roses are #FF0000 Violets are #0000FF All my base Are belong to you
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Zoo Wedding?

• Options
    I think it looks awesome!  It's definitely unique and a little offbeat, but definitely could work for a wedding.  There's a bride on here (forget her username) who did her wedding at an aquarium and her pictures are AMAZING -- so different, but incredibly beautiful and unique.  They make it look like it's completely normal to say your vows in front of sperm whales:-)   Or giraffes or whatever.  

I say go for it:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    amanda1611tamanda1611t member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    That would be a very unique way to celebrate your marriage.

if you can afford it, you should do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the photo of the bride and giraffe....wish I could have had my wedding at a zoo or an aquarium :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My big hesitation is that in my mind Zoo = Smells like Poo.  I like the idea enough, and I see the beauty potential for such a venue, but I'd never consider it because every time I would go there I'd anticipate animal smelliness. 
  • Options
    I had never considered a zoo wedding until I saw it on Four Weddings. I think it's such a cool idea and if I hadn't already had a place booked I would have definitly considered it! My FI and I love animals, it would be a great place for a wedding.
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been to the Tucson zoo many times while going to school at U of A,  I was there once while they were setting up for a wedding and from what I could see it was beautiful! I would say go for it. They are really nice there and would no doubt be very accomodating.
  • Options
    I personally don't like the idea basically because there are too many things to consider. 
    First of all zoos never smell good, urine and poo of a giraffe it's not exactly the smell you might be looking for.
    Second animals have no manners, it means they won't hesitate in making noises or having animal behaviors. I wouldn't like elephants pooping nor cangaroos mating on my vow pictures.
    Third you should think about the guests. There are people who feel really unconfortable with the whole zoo stuff (animals caged, often not in the best conditions) and I know some people that are really scared by animals.

If you have this in mind and still like go for it.
  • Options
    We are having our wedding at the Bronx Zoo in November.  We wanted something a little unique and different and this venue will provide that.  I am sure there will be those that will have comments and the cocktail hour won't be what you typically expect but we think it will be fun and the Zoo has been really great to work with.  We can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards