40-Plus Brides
Options

fun filled evening

So, I actually ran 1/4 mile - 1st time in my life!!!    Then ended up in the ER; my 16yr old son took a baseball to the face over his right eye playing after school with his JROTC team.  Has a nasty concussion and out of school & PE for the next few days.  ~sigh~. 
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: fun filled evening

• Options
    Congrats on the run and ouch on the rest.  Concussions are nasty stuff. You're the second person today I've heard of whose son has had a concussion.  Yuck!!  Take care!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Ouch!  Trips to the ER with one's kid suck.  I hope he's feeling better soon.  Congrats, mom, on taking that first step.  This week, 1/4 mile ... next week 1/2??  Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    LOVE JROTC.  Made a huge difference in my DS' life, although he dropped it sophmore year.  (Much longer story)  Do they have a drill team?  I loved when he was doing drill, the team spirit was incredible.  The bringing him to school for 0530 practice, not so much. 

Hope your DS is doing ok.
    Congrats on the quarter mile.  If I ran 1/4 mile, it would be ME in the ED,  ~Donna
  • Options
    Ouch for your son.  Concussions are a nasty thing.  I hope he feels better soon.  As for you and your run....big YAY!!!!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options

All is well with the kid, has a nice shiner starting to bruise up and a killer headache.  He's happy & content in bed with his laptop and some meds for nausea & headache. Was a bit scary, he doesn't remember anything after 3pm yesterday.  Did a CAT scan and he checked out o.k.  Memory to return in a few days, so Doc says.

Donna ~ yes to the drill team - I'm a JROTC mommy.    He's actually on several teams - drill, rifle, saber & orienterring (sp?).  He competed in Nationals in Phoenix a few months back - team took 3rd in the nation!  I love to watch the knockout events - he always does awesome in them and they are very cool to watch!  :)  Of course, I got drug into the JROTC program too - booster club. :)

Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    Hope his recovery goes quickly!
  • Options

YIKES!  Hoping for a quick recovery!

• Options
    Yay for the quarter mile.  I eep telling myself I am going to do it.  You have taken the first step.  Glad your son is okay--I am sure that was scary!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards