California-Los Angeles

BM Rant

Ok ladies...

Since I was originally supposed to get married 10-10-10, I already asked my girls to be BM and MOH.

Well, when I let them know I changed my date, I asked if they would all still be in the wedding.

They all said YES.

Well, one of my BM works at the same corporation that I work for. Anyway, I was told today by another friend/associate of mine that she works directly with that she ignores my calls on purpose, she would have my other friend lie to say she wasnt there, she always has an excuse on why her phone isnt working so she didnt get my text or call, and she will not come back to her area if I am talking to the other girl.

Its funny because this all started AFTER I asked her to be in the wedding.

She has been with her guy for about 8 years or so and he doesnt want to get married so I am wondering if this is coming from a place of jealousy.

Anyway, when I asked them again, I didnt let them know our date because we didnt have one.

Am I wrong for not wanting her to be a part of my bridal party anymore? How can I have someone up there with me that truly is NOT my friend???

(Side Note: I didnt think I would have to deal with any BM drama but here we are ALREADY).
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: BM Rant

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should have a talk with her and let her know what you know.  I think we're all at the age where we should be upfront with people and not play games (like your friend is doing to you).  It may be that she's upset with her own life or there may be something else that you're completely unaware of.  Let her know your concerns and see what she has to say. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jagore, and honestly I think a wedding is drama free when there is no BM's envolved...sad but true. I had so much drama due to the dresses and little things like that. FYI- I don't even talk to my MOH anymore, she just stoped talking to me after the wedding!

I say the less BM"s, the less drama. Since you already asked them, hang in there and don't let them get to you...but in this case, yeah, you need to talk to her. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP...we are all adults and you should ask her straight out whats going on. It could be jealousy it could be something else but whatever it is you don't want it to spill over your weeding plans or even on wedding day.

I agree with Vans less BM's less drama totally!!!! I only have one person in our bridal party she's my MOH and FI's best man so she's our best person. I told her pick a black dress and red shoes and have fun. Till this day I still haven't seen her dress i know she has it but I didn't have to sit at a place and have 5 or more friends fight that she looked better etc etc....

If you know this person is going to cause drama I say its like a band-aid the sooner and quicker you do it at the end it will be less pain.
  • edited December 2011
    oh how i wish i had read these boards before asking 6 girls to be my BM :/ Oh the drama of trying to find dresses that please everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    I know a number of brides who've had to face jealousy from their bridesmaids, or at least a deep resentment because it's not them getting married. I'm lucky in that of my four attendants, 3 are already married, and the fourth is my sister. She's jealous about everything, but we're all used to her drama.

Jagore's right about approaching her in a calm, loving way and expressing your concerns. Maybe she doesn't even realize she's in jealousy mode or maybe she knows but thinks she's hiding it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards