Wedding Party
Options

country wedding- denim and camoflauge

Does anyone have any ideas of bridesmaids dresses involving denim and camoflague?

the guys are in camoflauge vests and denim pants, so i wanted to incorporate denim dresses with maybe a camoflague sash?

my wedding dress is very elegant/ country. So i wanted to incorporate some of this elegantness in with the denim dresses as well.

Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge

• Options
    What does your dress look like?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I don't think denim and camo go together.  I'm also confused as to how either of them could be elegant.  Can you just have the girls wear a sash of camo if the guys will be in (I'm guessing) camo vests?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    camo =/= elegant.  denim =/= elegant.  Sorry.

You have two mutually exclusive themes going on here (arguably three.)  The materials and patterns are pretty much the antithesis of elegance.  There's nothing inherantly wrong with the more casual style of denim and camo, but they will clash horribly with any attempt at elegance.  The best compromise I can come up with is brown dresses with a green sash, or green dresses with a brown sash, but I think you'd be better off rethinking the whole combination.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is country.  The guys are wearing jeans.  But NO where will there be camo. NOWHERE.  You should check out Pinterest, and meet Google Images.  You can learn a lot from the people who have similar tastes as you.

This is a dress my friend and I saw at a store we went to.  She tried it on as a joke, but if you like it, PM me and I'll tell you where to call for info. 

And if you learn google images:

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    this is the type of elegance i am looking for. my dress is slightly ivory so the guys shirts would be that tan color that is in the dress. i have to trouble finding the guys attire, or the sash. it is the denim dress that is hard to find. the guys will wear the same color blue jeans
  • Options

it is very long, strapless, plain ivory white with gems and pearls around the middle of my waist,and white buttons all down the back

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_country-wedding-denim-camoflauge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1cfda91a-06f1-43f7-873b-c597ff265704Post:aef39941-29a6-4551-a9ec-a1143a9d7abc">Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge : I would have the guys in camo vests with black pants, and the girls in black dresses with camo sashes (like the picture you posted), and leave denim out of it.  Even if you only did denim and no camo I don't think it's elegant.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

i like your idea, and i have thought if that. i guess elegant isnt in my vocabulary lol Let me give you more of an idea of the wedding... burlap runners, hay bale seating on quilts, mason jars, tin cans. a sort of vintage wedding. i think denim would go great in the scene... what about you? maybe i should have kept elegant out of it LOL
  • Options
    I think you can either have denim, or you can have camo. But together it sounds kind of horrific ... and even separately it does not sound "elegant".

The only way I can see it working and being "elegant", would be if you did denim and camo as a "color scheme" instead of actual fabrics. So dressing your WP in greens or browns or blues that would match the colors in a typical camo or denim fabric.

If you absolutely insist on slipping in the 2 fabrics somehow, use the fabrics for your bouts and bouquets. There's nothing wrong with using it elsewhere if you want to ... just know that it's not going to look "elegant".

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_country-wedding-denim-camoflauge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1cfda91a-06f1-43f7-873b-c597ff265704Post:2bf82285-7d1f-43d4-8177-5b22f6143133">Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is country.  The guys are wearing jeans.  But NO where will there be camo. NOWHERE.  You should check out Pinterest, and meet Google Images.  You can learn a lot from the people who have similar tastes as you. This is a dress my friend and I saw at a store we went to.  She tried it on as a joke, but if you like it, PM me and I'll tell you where to call for info.  And if you learn google images:
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

hahah that dress is hidious hahahahah
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_country-wedding-denim-camoflauge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1cfda91a-06f1-43f7-873b-c597ff265704Post:2ef46384-b508-4d60-bece-65397f62e91b">Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge : Even if you drop "elegant", I still have a hard time mixing camo and denim.  I just don't see it flowing. ETA: And yes, I think the camo will work with your dress.  Denim, not so much,
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

the whole bridal party will be wearing cowboy boots, all different. So even if i get black dresses, would the boots go ok?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_country-wedding-denim-camoflauge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1cfda91a-06f1-43f7-873b-c597ff265704Post:119e8d84-78f1-4c3e-bfe1-9d29c6cc7cd3">Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge : I think it depends on the material. As long as it's more of a flowy, chiffon type material I think it will be fine. <strong>I wouldn't pick black, maybe more of a dark blue.</strong> And FWIW, I'm doing cowboy boots too. That I don't think is crazy. :p
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

so dark blue will go with the camo but denim wont? that confuses me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_country-wedding-denim-camoflauge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1cfda91a-06f1-43f7-873b-c597ff265704Post:00c5e767-3ddb-4693-b1fd-1d5b741d287e">Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking picking dark blue to give you that denim-look without actually using denim. I think you should nix the camo all together.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

i cant take out the camo. he said he wanted that from the beginning. we are both hunters and i ride horses. we are very outdoorsie! we will have horses there as well. . :-)  im stuck on deciding for the girls.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_country-wedding-denim-camoflauge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:1cfda91a-06f1-43f7-873b-c597ff265704Post:9ee53d2c-1efd-43f9-a692-ec72911d01d4">Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: country wedding- denim and camoflauge : so dark blue will go with the camo but denim wont? that confuses me.
    Posted by kidszone[/QUOTE]

It's the fabric itself, not the color that doesn't really work IMO.

Although, if you insist on doing camo, I'd probably go with browns/greens for the BMs.  If you <em>really</em> want to, the guys can still wear denim jeans without having to incorporate the bridesmaids into denim also.

My sister had a very casual/western style wedding and the groomsman wore blue jeans, but we (the BMs) wore a 'normal' chiffon dress.  It wasn't exactly my style (the jeans, I actually liked our dresses), but the point I'm getting at is that just because the GM are going to be in a certain type of fabric, doesn't mean the BMs have to as well.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That dress is very cute for the girls, I've seen a similar one paired with black pointy boots and I loved it.  What if you do that dress without a sash and instead wrap the bouquets in camo?  Subtle.  Or if the dress you find laces in the back, find camo lacing. 

As for the guys, would he do tan/khaki colored shirts with a camo tie?  Less IN YOUR FACE and will pair better with jeans. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would put the BM's in denim dresses. Something like the dress that Padma wears in the Top Chef ads.  It is a short fit and flare with a very full skirt and a little trim of lace at the bottom.  It would be cute with boots

ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    I've had Brad Paisley "Camoflage" in my head ALL.NIGHT.LONG!
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I'm kind of with  the others that denim and camo are not elegant, and there's nothing that can make them elegant.  If your FI really wants camo, then I'd stick with that and nix the denim.  Both would be too much.  Let them wear khakis or black pants with the camo vest. Pick one color out of the camo vest and do the girls' dresses in that color, so it coordinates.  Or, black dresses.  Wrap their bouquets in camo fabric. 

• Options
    Here:  Ditch the camo, go for country.  This was very country, but chic and she had the dress to fit the venue.  Clicky
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards